My TR3A still waiting for the real connaisseur/collector

It's still the car that set the standard for restorers all over the world.

Raymond came over to my house the day before he entered the Concours d'Elegance in Apedoorn - I live minutes away from the show ground. After a 200km drive, all he had to do was a quick wash with clean water before he entered the Concours arena - and won. Just to give you an idea how good and well prepared this car is.

Menno

Here's a pic of Raymond receiving the Concours d'Elegance award on Sunday afternoon. After two days of horrendous rainfall, the sun came out to shine on his TR! Note Raymond's colour coordinating outfit ;-)

P1100469.jpg

Edited by Menno van Rij 2
  • 5 weeks later...

Surely, it must be an older model. I hope at least. I've driven an 80s Morgan a while back. Despite the fact that it was restored to factory specs, with no money spared, I wasn't impressed. I wouldn't trade my TR for an 80s model Morgan. Having said that, I haven't driven an older model with the appealing flat rad so I cannot comment that!

Menno

Tetigisti acu !

Rem acu tetigisti. The nail on the head! Nice, some latin on this forum. And since you'll be after a British car again, I think that is appropriate: Principia probant, non probantur.

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Surely, it must be an older model. I hope at least. I've driven an 80s Morgan a while back. Despite the fact that it was restored to factory specs, with no money spared, I wasn't impressed. I wouldn't trade my TR for an 80s model Morgan. Having said that, I haven't driven an older model with the appealing flat rad so I cannot comment that!

Menno

ouch...

i think a newer model will be the successor of the tr...

Well, perhaps it's my 6 ft 2" and 95 kilos that's conflicting with the driver's position of the Morgan?

Luckily I am aware of the fact that Raymond knows a thing or two, three about Morgans already. So he doesn't need my opinion for a well balanced decision. But, I can try to talk him out of it when we meet Don on Saturday. The Louwman museum has some inspiring classic cars on display. Although I don't think that Raymond will change his mind for a 50s French car...

Menno

How the car stayed unsold for so long is such a puzzle.

Congratulations to the new owner who I hope has many a happy journey ahead, and I bet with many admirers.

If only I had won last weeks lottery!

Raymond's suggestions of a Malvern connection doesn't leave a lot of choice . . . . . unless he has found a Santler lurking forgotten in a Dutch Barn, then it has to be a Morgan.

The quintessentially English idiosyncratic sports car . . . . but hardly everyone's taste. I bought one in my youth, it didn't last a week . . . . but it made a few bob on resale. Dreadful car.

Cheers

Alec