Cost for re chroming

About to take BUO's front and rear bumpers into Collonade in Wembley for a re-chrome, the last time I had a front number re chromed was in about 1985 (also at Collendade) and it cost £130 ! I'm guessing prices will have gone up a bit since. Can anybody give me a rough idea of what it might cost now? They will need a bit of 'work' as they do have a few dings so realise this will be extra, but I wanted a rough guide to make sure A I wasn't being ripped of and B so the shock of the price doesn't cause a stroke !

ATB Graham

Hi Graham,

not sure what the cost will be today but Colonnade will be cheaper than the fancy shops but with their high quality finish.

The biggest shock will be the time taken. They are seriously slow.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Hi Graham

For a benchmark

For a TR5 rear bumper £375 for the front bumper £325 + £60 for each over rider.

That was about 5 months ago with Capital Chrome in SE London.

Based on straight bumpers,no dents, dings or twists, but with usual surface rust and pitting

best Bill

Collonade have quoted me £370 to rechrome rear bumper and overiders.

Hope they last longer than the 5 years the previous rechrome did - Crome flaking off.

Also having a respay over the winter but can't quote the price in case my wife sees the post

Cheers

Nigel

Well guys thanks for all the replies just to let you know I dropped of the bumpers and the front badge plinth at Collenade in Wembley and they quoted me £850 and 10 weeks (normally 8 but shut for Xmas for 2 weeks) to be fair the bumpers do require a fair amount of fettling before they go for chrome as the bumpers appear to have had a hard life !

ATB Graham

Try Ken Munford 020 8998 1626, happy with the work he has done for me in the past, cheers Ian.

I used Ken for my 4A side lights at £60 the pair they were pitted and in poor condition before and like new after, I thought he was retiring but if he takes new orders I can recommend him, he also used to do exchange bumpers his number is 0208 998 1626 and worth a call (in Perivale London)

Charles