Different dashboard question - TR4A

Just been taking off the bits from the old lhd dash, having bought a repro rhd dash from TR GB.

But a bit puzzled about the scuttle vent lever fixing. The old dash* has this just right of centre at the lower edge, but the new one has no bracket for this. Do I have to make up this bracket for this, or is it a different mounting altogether ?

*Should mention that the old dash may be a TR4 part, the car came in bits from a TR restorer who was having to give up, and there were a few incorrect, missing & duplicated bits. The Mossalogue shows the TR4 lever mount clearly on P 102, but the 4A metal dash drawing is handily obscured in this area by the wooden dash.

Thanks,

Anthony

Edited by Superaquarama

It should look like this

Except the lower bracket with the slot should be horizontal.

Anthony are you sure its a 4a dash and not a CR TR6 one as they have them deleted.

Stuart.

That's terrific, Geko - many thanks indeed ! Also has the added bonus of showing where the heater labels go, which I was wondering about.

It looks therefore as though the old dash is a TR4 item, as the bracket layout's different. Seems to be no big deal to make another if they can't be got hold of.

Yes, if that's the case it could well be a TR6 item, Stuart, that would explain it. Thanks.

Anthony

Fear not, the slotted bracket on mine is horizontal too, which presumably means it's from a 4A dash after all ?

Spent a few mins this afternoon cutting off the assy. from the old dash and drilling out the spot welds, seems a very simple job to fix it to the new one although, with the latter already fixed in situ, I'll probably bolt it on rather than weld it.

Thanks again, Geko.

There are a few pictures of a RHD TR4A dash here when I stripped mine out. Bracket can be seen.

http://tr4a.weebly.com/dashboard-triumph-tr4a.html

Best.

Paul.