TR4A. GKV 672E . Karmann TR6 Design Car.

I am considering selling GKV 672E if there is any interest.

This TR4a was the actual car which was used by Karmann to design the new TR6 body shape in 1967.

The car has led quite a sheltered life but has been known to the register for a number of years.

It was restored over a period of 3/4 years by myself after being laid up in the 1980's by it's previous owner.

The car was featured on the TR Register Stand in 2014 at the NEC Classic car show and was also featured in a 4 page article in Practical Classics magazine March 2015 issue.

For more information

If you are interested in purchasing GKV I can be contacted by email :- hazlewoods.rem@gmail.com or by phone 07968391849.

Offers in the region of £35,000.

• 2 months later...

With all due respect, surely the value of this car would be if left after it was re-styled in Germany and not a restored TR4a or am I missing something?

I am not one for seeing any car residing in a museum which clearly in the way it left Karmann as a mock up it would have neccessitated,

I received an email from a previous owner after it appeared in Practical Classics which may be of interest to this cars past history.

I have copied the letter as follows,

Hi Mike

I read with interest about your restoration of GKV 672E in the March edition of Practical Classics.

I owned a prototype machining business which worked for Triumph and bought the car in 1975 from a Triumph engineer who in turn bought it direct from Triumph, he told me that when the car delivered to Triumph North Works from Karmann as the TR6 mock up, when they tried to move it off the trailer all the wheels fell off it. As it was only a studio model the wheels were only glued on ! He went on to say that when he bought it it was still a ' TR6 ' and he had to remove all the styling clay which Karmann had used on the 4A body.

The Engine a 4 cylinder TR4 engine had been worked on and had a fully lightened flywheel and to get the most from the engine it had a straight through big bore exhaust with an SAH tuned silencer with twin tailpipes.

From a detail point of view the car came out of Triumph with a black Surrey hard top a black ' leatherette ' stlye soft panel with a cream support frame for when the hard top was off, no bonnet badge just the letters and pressed steel wheels running Michellin X radials.

I ran the car for something like 5 years then took it off the road to restore it. I subsequently sold it on unrestored a couple of years later.

I hope the above is of interest and it's nice to see the car again.

Kind regards

Adrian Vice.

I do hope this the above copy of the letter is of interest.

When I first got involved with the car some 8 or so years ago it had been stored very badly in a damp canvas folding garage on a driveway for some 20 years but was still in good solid condition having received a rebuild after Adrian had sold the car.

The engine turned and fired up with a little bit of fettling but the clutch plate and brakes were firmly seized. GKV had also been painted in the colour Damson which had suffered badly from micro blistering. Needless to say the car underwent another chassis up rebuild.

This must be a record as the car has had a number of rebuilds in its life considering the very sheltered life it has spent.

I shall certainly try and use the car as much as possible if I keep it and it does look good parked in the garage along side my TR5 CP7, LHP 294F.

If anybody has any history regarding GKV i would be very grateful to hear from you.

Regards Mike