Axle ratio of USA TR4A

OK OK just because I missed a comma out! I was answering one question and supplying some other information for reference ....sheesh!

Stuart.

Ok, gotcha, thanks ! I was just a bit concerned that my Ca import might have a lower axle ratio; this was the case with US E Types, I think

Edited by Superaquarama

I can attest to a 4.1 diff on my '66 USA TR4A IRS. I had it rebuilt here (London) and was offered the UK lower gear diff as a substitute (better motor way mileage and smoother running was the selling point). I drove it for a few days and took it back to have my original rebuilt and reinstalled. The lower geared diff "lugged" at low speeds (IMO).

My heritage certificate states that my car had overdrive as original (and I still have it - certificate and overdrive) so the higher gearing as original makes sense.