TR4a Radiator Grill fitting

I am having a spot of bother fitting my radiator grill.

Please someone tell me I don't have to fit this before fitting the bonnet / front wings, both of which are now fitted, lined up and happy.

Is there a trick to this avoiding lots of collateral damage to the shiny new paint work?

Worried of Maldon

I promise you that when you do things very occasionally - as in building a car

That you make mistakes

When you are a professional and you do it full time you still make mistakes

So don't beat yourself up: by the way half people put the bonnet on first and half don't - but I bet they don't do it on their own

Michael

PS that's what touch up paint is for

Thanks all

Guess what i'm going to give it a go without major surgery, If

it can be done I'll find a way not in the least keen on removing the bonnet, it took me a week just to get it to line up properly, (could have done it in half the time if I had used my loaf, but hey ho that's life).

I still have half a liter of gloss and a nice selection of fine brushes, though I think by the time I have finished I'm going to have to give the poor old girl a bit of a blow over anyway.

Thanks all David

Nailed the bu***r

In the end I had to loosen off one wing, the wing it's self was overlapping the little housing thingy. simple now it's in and not too much damage done. The masking tape soaked up most of the scratches.

Now onwards again Headlights and side lights.

Thanks all David