TR6 Boot Light

Hi Mike,

Not clear to me what do mean by better solution. Stonger light? Wider light spread? Unreliable switch? or maybe something else?

Haven't done this myself, but just a thought as I'm planning for similar improvement (more light): What about changing a led bulb to standard light? Would provide more light (lumens) than the standard one. Also alternatively bypass the switch and take power from rear parking light i.e. always on when parking lights are on.

Option 2: 12V led strip to one or both sides of the boot. You could do miracles with led strips given they take very little space and are really bright and you could almost hide them close to boot seal. Again power from the original switch or from parking lights (or from manual switch). Solution depends also how much you'd like to keep original look and feel.

Cheers,

Tommi

I bought a roll of led strip. These are 12v so cut a length and stick to to the inside of the rear deck beteween the boot seal and the boot trim.

They are hidden from sight but you can run them the width of the boot between the hinges.

I got a 5m role of them and used the remainder as under-cabinet lights in my garage.

These are similar

Hi Mike

I sorted this problem by buying another boot light on ebay (circa £8) and installing it the other side, this looks good and between them you can see all in the boot at night. I may swap both to LED festoon bulbs if one of them bulbs goes.

post-12736-0-83127300-1447932209_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike, Nice set up, thanks' for the picture !

Regards

Edited by Marc R

Hi guys,

Just saw these on Ebay they are cree festoon lamps, just solder one of these into your boot light and BOOM all lit up, they are 5w output and uses less that 1w power also they wont get as hot as the glass festoons and will last 20,000 hours, whats not to like? Copy this lnk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331418020063?tfrom=350770086507&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

Charles

So nothing to do with the leds then.......

Jean

You are right, mine is permenantly live

I am fitting an LED bulb, to reduce the load and the heat

Lot of time for Neils veiws, so . . . . .

Bosch pump conversion

Fuel lines are new, as is the PRV, fitted earlier this year

Tank . . . . don't know, it looks sound, sounds sound and doesn't leak, so, until I take it out, I reckon it's a safer bet than crossing the road outside my house