Plenum drain outlet pipes

Hello all,

I wonder if I could ask some advice please. One of the little stub outlet drain pipes from the plenum and to which the rubber hose is attached is not in great shape and needs to be replaced. Can anyone help me with:

1. What type of pipe to replace it with and where to get it?

2. What is the best way to remove the rusty pipe? and

3. How best to stick the new pipe in given that I do not have brazing capability. Is there a strong adhesive that can be used?

Many thanks,

Sean

1/2" Copper pipe and Araldite it in.Make sure you dont have too much protruding into the plenum or you will always have water laying around it.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. Can I just drill the old stub out ?

Its only brazed in so carefully yes but check how good the metal around it is otherwise youre going to open a whole new can of worms.

Stuart.

As long as its clean you can solder to braze easily. Tin it with some solder paste first for ease. Dont get lead free though.

Stuart.

Just done both my Plenum drains

Horrible job ended up getting a welder in and cutting both corners out in inserting new metal and drain tube

all done now and protected inside and out

Happy its now done but a lot of kit to remove to get at the plenum

(I dont want to do this job again)

Regards Tony

post-2075-0-06810500-1447838297_thumb.jpg

post-2075-0-56196900-1447933936_thumb.jpgHi Sean I was unlucy in that the plenum has burst out in to the engine bay. After cutting this out it gave me access to paint the inner side repair with hydrate 80 but I am sure their are plenty of metal protection soloutions you can use.

I am about to now spray the whole cavity through the vent flap with an airline and spraygun with hose attached using waxoil.

I am sure if you remove the Wiper access panels you can get further access to plenum drail area but will still be tricky

I used a small paint brush the apply libral amount of hydrate to inside the drain tube.

Thanks Tony