H frame below dash

Hi Anthony

New covers are available from http://www.trshop.co.uk

They are around £143.

There are 2 types of H frame. One that is flat around the gear stick hole and one has a lip.

The replacement covers are made to fit the flat (Earlier) version.

I have a lipped H frame and we have found we can make the flat replacement cover fit OK with a small amount of foam packing around the gearstick hole.

The replacement covers come with the radio holes etc all marked out.

If you go to my site here http://tr4a.weebly.com/dashboard-triumph-tr4a.htmland scroll down the page you can see the lipped version of the H frame.

There will be more pictures on that page in a couple of weeks on how we made the replacement cover fit.

Hope it helps

Best

Paul.

Hi Anthony,

I have the lipped version H frame as Paul describes. I had mine re-covered by TRGB in Cambridgeshire, well actually they use a local trimmer to them. But I'm really pleased with the job and it was about £100. If you're not local you could post it to them.

If you pm me an email address I can send you a picture of my H frame.

Regards

Mike

Hi Anthony,

the 'lipped' gearstick hole is for the 4A.

The 'flat' gearstick hole is for the 5/6 (very plain and 'orrid)

You could also buy a vinyl or leather cover from Jon Skinner or the usual suspects and do it yourself.

Quite a few people finish the hole off with a stainless or chrome bezel. Thinner the better in my mind.

Roger

Roger, where do you get the chrome bezel from or is it a make it yourself?

Best

Paul.

Leather covers are also available on ebay for £50 + P&P

Item number : 301794481849

I have no connection with the supplier and haven't used them myself but certainly cheaper than the TR shop option -

However, like Mike, I had mine recovered through TRGB together with the crash pads, and I have to say, the cost was very reasonable and they look superb - again no other connection other than a satisfied customer.

Cheers Rich

PS Alec sorry but I've already forgotten how to post an ebay link and I can't remember which post it was in - must be something to do with my odd sense of humour!

Hi Rich,

Simply copy and paste the address bar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301794481849?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D301794481849%26_rdc%3D1

Hi Paul - regards the bezel. I made my own a few years ago. Hand bashed from sheet Stainless and quite difficult.

However I now know things and could probably knock one up much more easily.

When you have finished covering the support give me a diameter to work to and I should be able to make one - it may take a couple of goes.

It would be best not to fit the support until you fit the bezel - in order to turn over a couple of tags.

Roger

Thanks Roger:-)

I'll drop you a PM.

Best.

Paul.

The back plate is not there in that pic.

When I fitted the handle I found the vinyl kept unsticking. When I compared it to the my 4A there was the backing plate.

So I now make my own.

If you recover an old handle the shape will get bigger and the original plate will not fit - you need a bigger plate.

Roger

PS - the pic shows an original back plate - top

My repro - middle

The template

Scrap

Edited by RogerH

Hi

Hopefully the attached photo shows the drivers side crash pad and H frame, as covered by TRGB's trimmers - not sure if you can enlarge this photo once it's on the forum but I hope you can to see some more detail.

You should be able to see the stitching along the leading edge and also on the H frame - this is not leather but vinyl. As I recall, the passenger crash pad has the original backplate fitted by the upholsterers.

Unfortunately, this is the best photo I can lay my hands on, but I think it looks really professional - not quite standard but better in my opinion.

cheers

Rich

post-10723-0-16376300-1447706183_thumb.jpg