Having a moan !

John B,

A part from a modern, however trimmed and joined together, on our original TRs?

Surely not?

John

PS Being Welsh, you know (Henry V , Act 4 Scene 7), and loving to thumb my nose and raise an archer's two fingers at the English, I can tell you that 3.5" tumble dryer hose is EXACTLY right for this application.

As it's white and shiny it'll stand out like a sore thumb until it gets a bit of road dirt on it, but who cares? J

HI Peter,

a friend from Moss has updated me on events concerning this air duct.

It started life in 1958 for the Mini.

In 2008 there abouts Moss were informed that production was going to end.

Europe and the USA were scoured for a replacement - nothing

The original supplier was pressurised to keep going (Moss having been a very loyal customer - Jag/Landrover were not though).

The supplier was reduced to just one experienced production manager who came back after retirement when required to action a batch.

Eventually the 3.25" die failed (TR6 duct) and the £18,000 replacement cost was too excessive for future production.

At about the same time the above retiree came down with a hernia.

So after fifty years of production this duct came to an end and a decision to scrap the machinery and use the space (football field size) for better purposes.

30 x 100ft rolls were purchased of the remaining sizes - The Moss warehouse foreman wasn't a happy man.

The alternative now sold is paper covered foil and is designed to withstand engine bay temperatures and is very good quality.

It comes from a UK source but it has to be bought in via the USA branch (politics), it is by no means a cheap option.

Moss acknowledge that they don't get it right every time regarding informing customers of issues.

I hope this goes some way to explain the problem and the efforts taken to try and keep the show on the road.

Roger

Now this looks to be the business

Its the closest in looks that I have seen in a long while, 82mm bore option and at only £20 . . . .