Expensive TR5

The TR5 price saga goes on !...I thought the one at TR Bitz was CP2, which they sold for about £50k, a mate of mine took a picture of it there with the engine out. I may be wrong though.

Whatever CP Number this one is, its a Grand Price.

Have fun .

Conrad.

This Valencia blue car is CP2 (I've had confirmation from a very reliable source!) it will be interesting to see if it sells?

Does anyone know whatever happened to CP1?

Edited by Gary Flinn

If this car is worth so much (worth is an odd word) How much would the prototype 5 be - it started life as a 4A (sort of).

The one I've seen is a beauty.

Roger

Isnt that the Lucas PI test car.

Stuart.

I have photos of the one that TR Bitz had and the engine number was Number 1. I must also have photos of the commission plate, too. Criag told me it was the first TR5 and they had just sold it for £50k and were then about to carry out a restoration on it.

So, maybe TR Bitz had both of them.

When I return to the UK, I can look the photos out if anyone is interested. The car was Valencia Blue and I had a look at it several times from before it was dismantled to when it had the engine out.

Dave.

I wonder how many of the very early TR5s ie CP1-20, actually survive, seems like a few.

Like others, I recall seeing CP2,in a rough state, at TRBitz,

cheers,

Laurence

CP20 LO is currently 'under restoration' 35 mins from my house, My son's sailing coach bought the car last year and is now busy trying to make it like new again. Peter, the owner, has set himself a goal: to re-use as many parts as possible.

He knows a thing or two about TRs: he's restoring his third now and in 2014 he won the Best of Show Award during the Dutch Triumph Day with a green RHD TR5.

Peter is not really a fan of the internet and that sort of things. He's not a member here.

Menno