Tr6 pi backfire / misfire

Hi all I have a poorly Tr6 engine misfire at low rpm and backfiring on the overrun checked injectors for spray pattern all good however I noticed injector two and five leaking when fuel pump running engine not started,swapped injector 2 for injector 1 but than injector also leaked does anyone have any idea ,the injection system has been recoditioned 1200 miles ago recon injectors prv valve and metering unit Bosch fuel pump was running ok until last week thanks in advance trevor

Hi Trevor.

Do you have any way of measuring your pump delivery pressure to the MU?

If your PRV /MU are not functioning correctly, you could exceed the opening pressure/cycle of the injectors, causing them to remain 'in limbo'.

BTW, who re-conned the injectors etc??

Stupid question, (duh!) but is everyhing connected up/installed correctly, as per the bible??

Hi all thank you very much for your helpful suggestions I will check fuel pressure to mu again because car has recently been set up on a rolling road and was running well until it started to have a slight backfire on overrun steadily becoming worse then a slight misfire on light throttle ,so I thought I would check injectors which all had a good spray pattern,then I checked to see if any were dripping and found no.2 and 5 dripping so swapped for known non leaking no.1 which also dripped which suggests to much pressure on fuel pipes 2 &5 do the banjo,s limit the pressure I will let you know when I fix it regards Trevor

Did you bleed them properly? if not and air is still in the pipe, you will just compress the air and the injector will not function correctly. It can take some time to bleed them. I had the same problem on my 5 engine yesterday two injectors dribbling and they took quite some time to clear. Andy

If you are still getting the #1 injector in the #2 position is still leaking, I think it could be the bung seal on the banjo bolt.

These seals have to be fitted correctly, they should be pushed into the rotor with a special tool to seat them properly before you then fit the banjo bolt or you will get too much fuel to the injector.

John

Hi thanks for further ideas I have bled injectors no air and good spray pattern I think you have a good idea it may be the banjo bolts John as swapping injectors fault stayed the same I will order new parts and hope it will fix regards Trevor