MANUALS FOR SALE

Hi all

I hope you are all keeping well

After selling the TR6 last year, and retiring this year, I have now decided to sell any TR6 books and manuals that I have had over the years.

I have, both in excellent condition, the following:-

1. Brown Bible, TR6 TC and PI Repair operation Manual. part 545277/EC

2. Brooklands Technical TR6 74-76 Spare parts Catalogue. RTC 9093A

3 & 4

In more worn condition I also have an original ring binder TR6 repair operation manual, plus TR6 PI Workshop Manual Supplement.

Covers and pages a little discoloured from age work use , but page content is complete.

If anyone is looking for any books and wants to make an offer, please send me an email to robbray193@btinternet.com and I will send some pictures and further details for you to assess.

I have most of the restoration books too, and may decide to sell those in the coming weeks.

All the best

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Rob's 'Brown Bible'...not sure how I've managed these past 43 years maintaining a TR6 without one !

Question...I read that I have been incorrect in Greasing the lower trunnion swivel joints with Grease instead of 'OIL' ...Why? What's wrong with using Grease?

Also, there seems to be a considerable variation in the weight of these cars over the years...I can see that O/D would add weight, not that that is specified, what else would vary for a PI one then?

Hi Denis.

When you consider how the trunnion is designed and articulates, it uses the drilling behind the nipple ( :) ) as a reservoir to feed the thread, using the turning of the mechanism as a worm/screw 'pump'.

If you use grease, and it goes (or is) too thick/hard, no more pumping, so potentially dry trunnions!

As they are only made of 'cheese' they will then wear quickly.

If you have them apart anytime, check for contact on the thread where the typical 'end of lock' point comes, and you may find a wear mark??

Does that make sense??