Snetterton - 10th October

Just to let the motorsport enthusiasts amongst you know that there is a MGCC meeting at Snetterton on saturday October 10th. With the last Thoroughbred sports car championship race of the season on the timetable, we have 3 TR's racing and 2 GT6's. We are up against Morgans, an E Type and a few MG's.

This is probably one of the last chances to see TR's circuit racing this season.

Phill

Blue TR4 will be there, not up to the pace of the MGBV8s and V8 Morgans but will try and have some fun

Come and say hello

Michael (no 58)

Edited by MichaelH

I plan to be there for both the practice sessions and the race. As always I will be toting heavy duty camera equipment :D. Expect to be taking shots at Corham during practice and at Murrays during the race. May also do some stuff from infield side of the Bomb Hole. If I have time I'll try to drop by the paddock and say hello.

Best of luck to all TR & GT6 drivers !

John

An enjoyable day at Snetterton today albeit not particularly successful for the Triumph participants.

The Thoroughbred Sportscar Championship race is effectively two races in one - the MGB V8's and everybody else. The V8's dominated overall but the TR's held their own with the other non V8 runners and both Phil (TR6) and Michael (TR4) had spirited drives which they looked to be enjoying. Roy Chamberlain had cooling problems with his TR250 which soon curtailed his practice session and unfortunately he didn't last long in the race either managing only 3 laps. The two GT6's of Clive Gimson and Dickon Parnell were towards the back of the field both in qualifying and the race but again it looked like they were both having fun and they survived without any major dramas.

Here are a few pictures of the Triumph participants :

22066573032_13e9b62bb0.jpgTriumph TR6 - Philip Lambe - Snetterton - 10Oct15 2748 by John Allan, on Flickr

21891155538_01434f4e64.jpgTriumph TR6 - Philip Lambe - Snetterton - 10Oct15 2843 by John Allan, on Flickr

21457909533_8c71f266d2.jpgTriumph TR4 - Michael Hunter - Snetterton - 10Oct15 2520 by John Allan, on Flickr

21891130158_5faf5d452b.jpgTriumph TR4 - Michael Hunter - Snetterton - 10Oct15 2676 by John Allan, on Flickr

21891127468_fe61b3d0fc.jpgTriumph TR250 - Roy Chamberlain - Snetterton - 10Oct15 2372 by John Allan, on Flickr

21890823680_2a6b6e0f91.jpgTriumph TR250 - Roy Chamberlain (Cooling Problem) - Snetterton - 10Oct15 3132 by John Allan, on Flickr

21890832800_131a3d4fac.jpgTriumph GT6 - Clive Gimson - Snetterton - 10Oct15 2857 by John Allan, on Flickr

21456189664_186a4ba07f.jpgTriumph GT6 - Dickon Parnell - Snetterton - 10Oct15 2627 by John Allan, on Flickr

Great day out, had a very poor start, (must practice that) but caught up a bit and had a good dice with Clive Gimson in the GT6, (we were .04 seconds apart in practice). In the race when I got a corner wrong he came past me and when I got it right I went past him.

Thank you Norfolk John for the photos

Also nice to meet and greet some TR group leaders and wives,

That is my last planned race this year, four starts and three finishes, getting back into racing has been a challenge but it is coming back.

Michael

Thanks for taking the pictures of my TR6 in action John I had a good days racing, bit of a poor qualifying but a better race. I am sorry I did not get to meet you.

Hi Phil,

you finally found the TR Forum :D .

Those Bloody V8's ah!!!

See ya next year Phil, do some Swing Sixties too or instead of a few TSCC. Were you cutting all the corners ;)

Michael - thought I recognised the car, were you at Combe?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes was at Castle Combe

Getting back to the racing : at present dicing with Clive Gimson in his GT6. had a great day

As you say the big 4 litre MGBV8s are very quick, but the pilots are experienced and friendly and our discussion is what to do next year?

Michael

Edited by MichaelH

I might do the odd race in my V8 next year to try to beat the hoards of MGBV8 in the TSCC. But I'll likely be doing more in the Swinging Sixties. Both series have their plus points. I can give the Class D V8's a good run (beat all at Combe bar Russell Mc), but the Class E cars have 400+bhp (Modsports missiles!) and weigh as low as 925kg!!

Should be out in my TR4 (Swinging Sixties with Gregor Marshall), once my new engine is in the car :D.