Ashford Chroming

They do seem to have swept up a few small companies around the south now and I see they do a collection and delivery service as well. I havent used them but like you say all looks very professional.

Stuart.

ive enquired a few times about the services they provide, always found them helpful but dam not cheap! Im not far from ashford so if you want I can go along, take some photos and send them across to you?

Dave,

I have no experience of them but I'm intrigued by the apparent huge variation of feedback on them on various sites. That's really quite unusual! See here as an example:

https://www.yell.com/biz/ashford-chroming-ashford-7009943/

Do let us all now if you choose to use them and your experience of them. I will need a chromer soon and living in Kent, they would be one that I might consider.

Paul

Hi, I used Ashford Chroming - I delivered my parts to them and had nothing but trouble. I had to keep phoning them up and after 2 months I told them I would come and collect my parts finished or not. They said they would not be at the address I delivered them too but two weeks later they did arrive.

Some of the parts were missing. When I phoned them they said all parts were there. They then phoned me again and said they would do some more work for nothing!! you can imagine what I said. The chroming was fair but had some marks and the missing parts were not returned.

If you use them make sure you get a written list signed by them of all items. I however would not recommend them to anyone.

Roy

I have always used what used to be London Chroming, is now Capital chrome and they too are expensive but they just do the very best and also they are one of the few that will do repairs.02076396434, down in the East end.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Many years ago, I also had good results from London Chroming, now Capital Chrome. Tel No. is 0207 639 6434

Paul

+ 1 I used them 2 months ago for some door catches. I went there and met Rich - very helpful - good service / really good finish 1 week turn around. OK they were small items, but I couldn't fault them. Excellent finish. I paid £80 for 2 x TR4a door catches and 2 x TR5 door catches, (£20 each) which I thought was very reasonable. If you go there it's difficult to park on their premises - but use the car park opposite - their email capitalchromeltd@gmail.com

I will certainly use them again.

Bill

+ 1 I used them 2 months ago for some door catches. I went there and met Rich - very helpful - good service / really good finish 1 week turn around. OK they were small items, but I couldn't fault them. Excellent finish. I paid £80 for 2 x TR4a door catches and 2 x TR5 door catches, (£20 each) which I thought was very reasonable. If you go there it's difficult to park on their premises - but use the car park opposite - their email capitalchromeltd@gmail.com

I will certainly use them again.

Bill

I have used them since the early eighties and as far as Im concerned they are one of the best.

Stuart.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Just been to see Y B Plating Ltd in Crawley, near to Gatwick, who were recommended.

For the rear bumper he thought about £300 to plate, this bumper is flat and in good condition

The front bumper is a poor import and he felt had been plated before and the thickness of steel was less than the front bumper and will flex in the polishing process. In flexing the steel distorts and gives that wavy look which my bumper suffers from already. You can fix it by adding thickness through adding copper but he felt it could cost up to £1500 !!!, from a man in Brostol, to get to a reasonable thickness.

He was totally honest and said he could plate them but knows that the quality would not be perfect.

I asked him about Ashford Chroming and he laughed saying that they would offer to do anything and not deliver, possibly not even returning the parts.

He has obviously seen the feedback left in Yell.com, thanks to Paul for that.

Alas I believe that I will go with a full set of Stainless bumpers. The rear bumper I have today was re chromed some years back by a company that many people said were the best around, place near to Slough, and yet within 5 years, of light use, pitting was evident on the under surface. As the man at YB said the current materials, they are allowed to use, are not up to the standards used when the cars were built. I don't want to throw away £500 plus for an inferior product that wont last long.

The man also said for £100 he can polish Stainless to better than the manufactured finish, so why not do it every 5 years.

Thanks again for your responses.

Dave

• 6 years later...
On 10/5/2015 at 5:47 PM, Goswell said:

Does anybody have some feedback about Ashford Chroming.

They have a professional web site that looks great, but so do many companies.

http://www.ashfordchroming.com/

Thanks in Advance

Dave

They're an absolute shower of sh_te they have your money in advance then give you the run around for 9 months send your stuff back with parts missing, the chrome work is sub standard to say the least as they took top dollar for a professional job which turned out to be absolute rubbish. Brand new exhaust pipes never been used , after 4 miles all the chrome has bubbled off. These people are taking the p-ss big time and if you use them be it at your peril. I've tried having a conversation with them about some sort of recompense for the absolute shoddy work thats been carried out , but all you get is lies upon lies about Ashford chroming not trading anymore.. so be warned people or lose your money to a bunch of criminals ... pissed off dave.

FWIW I wouldnt use Doug Taylor chroming at Weston either, poor prep and they skimp on materials and when you complain you get the usual rubbish about "Oh send it back and if we think its our fault we will do it again" Err no do it right in the first place!

Stuart.