PRV Nylon screw

Hi All,

Just been disassembling the PRV on my CR series TR6.. But the nylon screw is totally disintegrated..!

Does anyone know if you can just get replacement ones..? And if so where from?

All I can seem to find is recon exchange whole PRV's which seems a bit pointless when all I need is the screw!

Any advice gratefully received..

Thanks in advance..

Richard

You Could try Neil Ferguson , t/a raven Smith.

He will refurb, but possibly supplies parts.

Cheers,

Conrad.

Edited by openroad

Thats becuse You, or some other PO has used a wrong screwdriver.

and litterally chow,d the end away.

if yer really stuck, then tek the other end off the PRV, and remove the nylon bit, turn around,

and re fit, new un-fooked up end for adjustment.

BUTT this time, get a screwdriver, and mod it so it fits really good fit.

then same thing wont happen again.

M

I found an old screw with the correct thread, cut off the hex head, cut to same length as old plastic one, cut a cross head in the top with a hack saw, works perfectly and can take a decent screwdriver to adjust. Cost...zero and 10 mins effort.

Thanks for the replies gents.

I will look into those. I don't have a lathe, or know anyone who has, but I like the sound of making one from a cut down screw. The old one is too far gone to take any dimensions from!.. Don't suppose you know if it's a metric or imperial thread? I guess the length is approx 5-6mm? Does it need to have a hole in the centre.. I assume not?

Thanks again,

Richard

I wouldnt bother just talk to Neil Ferguson 07977001571 and get an exchange one.

Stuart.

Hello Richard

the thread has the size 5/16 UNF . 5-6 mm long .the hole as large as possible in the middle . and a transverse slot .
to adjust

have fun
Ralf Schnitker

Edited by Schnippel

Never ever use a Phillips or Pozidriv screwdriver for obvious reasons.

A slim flat-blade one will engage fully & not mangle the nylon.

I would not be using a chewed-around steel screw in there & would expect one to cause more issues. Has anyone, (seriously?) actually just shoved a grubscrew into a PRV? No hole....? Ooh, a redundant hose; may as well can that, then.

IMHO it's a piece of cheepniss that debases the fine engineering evident in the metering unit & injectors. But what do I know

Edited by Stanpartmanpartwolf