Piston Identification

Hi Knowledgeable Folk,

I have been given a number of parts, most of which are TR4. I'll post a list in a bit in case anyone needs them and is willing to source (free, except for shipping) from Canada!

But first, I need to confirm the set of pistons (and liners) that came in the box. They are used, and the pistons have the following identification marks stamped on them:

BHB (in a circle)

M62

1 (Note: the 2 and the 1 may be related, but aren't quite the same size or same orientation, but they are fairly close to each other)

If this isn't enough information, I can post a photo, but thought I'd try just the numbers first...

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by TorontoTim

I might have a friend who could use these in a rebuild, Tim. I'll check over the next hour or so and let ya know.

Yup the only real concern is probably the potential for a broken ring groove. These'll likely be running in a Doretti before the snow falls.

Think you will find the pistons maybe oval.

Well I took the original pistons and liners out of my 4a engine (with pretty high mileage on them) and gave them to one of our club members who was doing a budget rebuild of his TR4 engine and they have lasted him another 21 yrs with a 90 turn and a re-ring.

Stuart..

Well I took the original pistons and liners out of my 4a engine (with pretty high mileage on them) and gave them to one of our club members who was doing a budget rebuild of his TR4 engine and they have lasted him another 21 yrs with a 90 turn and a re-ring.

Stuart..

Low use as most cars get you are suspending the inevitable.

I think we can say that about any collector's car, and it's probably true for every car the day they leave the dealer's lot!

Edited by Don H.

In days gone by I knew of more than a few wet liner TR and Standard engines that had liners turned and turned again, rehoned with oversize rings, etc etc. Some of them covered six figure mileages, and I can think of one Vanguard estate (a farmer's truck) that had clocked quarter of a million on its rotated components . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Nope they have done another 50K plus since.

Stuart.

• 3 years later...