ICME Service & Repair Times / BL Service Schedules

Several viewers have enquired about the ICME repair time guides that I mentioned in another thread . . . . .

I have now added to these the ICME service time guides.

These are sourced from the 1976 edition.

These were based on manufacturers' published times, which were a GUIDE - and due allowance may be made for additional time required where components are seized or rusted.

As a generalisation, back in the '70s any car that had reached 3 years old and its first MoT test would be regarded as likely to require extra time, the extra time increasing with age.

Anything over 10 years old was probably DIY maintenance only, and hence not included in the service guide.

The repair sections however included cars up to 15 years old.

Also a 3 page maintenance schedule, sourced from the 1977 Triumph Repair Operation Manual (BL publication AKM3646). Images 1242-1244.

All in this album - http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/trvanishingpoint/library/ICME%20TR%20Times

Cheers

Alec

Many years ago I went to the IWE at Malvern - on the wrong weekend! (I lived a lot closer then) What I found at the Showground was a WI jumble sale, at which I found an XJ6 Repair Operations manual and a copy of the Triumph schedule of repair times. Mine is loose-leaf though, so might be earlier than yours Alec. I'll try to find it later.

Pete

Here's another reference to flat rate hours, this time for sidescreen cars. Click on any page for a larger version.

i-Sxsf7KZ-X3.jpg

i-8JnmwCd-X3.jpg

i-h4QS2Rj-X3.jpg

i-TxzvM5J-X3.jpg

i-mr65N4D-X3.jpg

i-XC6jddX-X3.jpg

i-J56wb3X-X3.jpg

i-CXMRsst-X3.jpg

i-sshSstn-X3.jpg

i-VH4w6fQ-X3.jpg

i-9NrP4fH-X3.jpg

Edited by Don H.

Interesting item SG6 to remove floor boards 1 1/2hrs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stuart.

Note the amendments at the start of the booklet, Stuart -- they increased the time to 1h 45m. I'm sure that was a big help to everyone. (smile) But that was for removal and refitting!

Thanks for that Don, all images saved, & will print out later.

Bob.

Bob, I have it as pdf, too. Send me a pm if you'd like a copy.