Indicator beeper for TR6 and TR5/250 ?

A while back a couple of people had provided some very nice devices that replace the indicator warning bulb behind the speedo with an LED and beeper combo that gave both an audible and visual warning that your indicator was still on.

Is anyone still making these ?

Stan

Think this was Johnny 250 or something like that on this forum, I have one, very nice.

Thanks guys. I bought one from John a few years ago and demo'd it the other day for a club member who narrowly missed getting t-boned in his TR6 because he had not cancelled the blinker (or blinkah as we day around here). I guess I'll order some bits and make a few.

Stan

Spent last weekend enjoying the superb Triumphant Welsh Classic rally, during which there was one occasion when I travelled too far with indicators on - I blamed the bright sunshine for not seeing the dash light! The upshot is that I think I need something like this.

Tried looking at the video in the thread noted by posting #4 but it doesn't run - for me, anyway. Any chance of someone providing a parts list, circuit diagram, etc?

Many thanks.

It was definitely a backward step when they changed the indicator tell tale from right in front of you to down in the base of the main clocks.

Funnily enough I can also hear my flasher unit click loud enough to know if its been left on.

Stuart.

My flasher has been changed to a modern cube relay style in the engine bay and can't be heard.

The green lamp is so dim it is very hard to see in day light. A couple of weeks ago I carefully ground down the front of the lens so it is paper thin but now much brighter.

And yes the TRiumphant Welsh Tour last week was very sunny and most excellent.

Roger

Spent last weekend enjoying the superb Triumphant Welsh Classic rally, during which there was one occasion when I travelled too far with indicators on - I blamed the bright sunshine for not seeing the dash light! The upshot is that I think I need something like this.

Tried looking at the video in the thread noted by posting #4 but it doesn't run - for me, anyway. Any chance of someone providing a parts list, circuit diagram, etc?

Many thanks.

Pierre, you should watch the video as it is very well presented by John Wells but if if you PM me your email address I'll send you the cheat sheet I made from the video to help me when I assemble mine. It has the parts list.

Stan

Hi Guys,

I just purchased one of the cheap 'trailer connected' bleepers that you need when towing and wired it in. Worked well but drove me mad, and with the top down at a junction in town it attracted too much attention. So removed it.

Regards

Rich

I fitted this item in parallel with the warning light. A bargain at under £3.00 incld. postage.

link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-DC-12V-Red-LED-Flash-Alarm-Signal-Indicator-Light-Buzzer-AD16-22SM-/161804661688?hash=item25ac4f33b8

I strapped it to the under dash area with a tie wrap and yes it is a bit loud at traffic lights but on the open road with aeroscreens you know when you have left the indicator going.

I stuck a bit of tape on it and it 'tuned' the noise down a bit.

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

I bought one off Ebay that has a variable delay so that it only comes on to remind you after say 1 minute and a half, at long traffic lights it comes on anyway but it gives you some semblence or normality for a while, I also changed my indicator bulb to an LED which overcomes the thicj green lens issue Roger refers to. Sorry cant find the link but its bound to be there somewhere.

post-12736-0-82832600-1443547867_thumb.jpg