Bumper weight

Slightly unusual question but.....Don't suppose anyone knows the weight of a front bumper?

Sending mine of to be rechromed but the car isn't here to weigh it just trying to figure out best way to send it. Seems to be a fair amount of companies (tnt,my Hermes collect plus and Royal Mail to name a few) out there now,

Regards

Jas

There are two different bumpers for UK TR6's. One has boxed in mounts and would be heavier than the earlier type without! I don't know when the change over time was but there seems to be more of the boxed in types being used.

Cheers John

I don't know when the change over time was but there seems to be more of the boxed in types being used.

I didn't know there was a difference till I bought one at Malvern this year and was spotted loading it into my van by a chap 50 m away who approached me and asked if I'd got the later TR6. He then had to tell me that he saw the boxed in sections when I couldn't see them in my hand!

It prompted a walk round the parked TR6s and it would appear that the change occured at the CP to CR time when the spoiler was added. I dare say someone with ready access to the parts list will be able to reveal the number at changeover, but certainly my Nov 71 K reg was unboxed.

Regards

Bill