CDO 260V lives again.

I have recently finished restoring CDO260V a Speke built car under the guise of. "Save a seven" it is my first experience of restoring a 7 and not my easiest project I must say. The body was a colinder and the engine in bad shape especially when I tried to remove the head, impossible when the studs shear off! The colour is brooklands green or as a friend so kindly put it, " it looks like it's been painted in southern railways green"

That said I must say the driving experience is absolutely fantastic, it was a shame that I couldn't get it over to the IWE but I could get more spares in my Audi than the 7. I am sure that I will never recoupe the cost of doing the resto, but it's not about that is it? This car will be my winter driver here in France and on rainy days in the summer. I would also like to pass on my thanks to everyone on the forum who has helped me along the way. It's been worth it. Andy

post-2072-0-21150800-1441800311_thumb.jpg

post-2072-0-25904700-1441800325_thumb.jpg

post-2072-0-95247200-1441800336_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I still have it. Friends and family use it to go out on trips when they visit me in France.

Retired to or working in France?

We had been thinking about the retirement part to SW France but retirement is several years away........

Are you the only Wedge in the village?

Edited by BusheyTrader
Additional text.

Only wedge in the department I think! 

Retired and living the dream, some great places to go here all in easy reach, especially the mountains. 

• 1 year later...

Wow, just wow!

This used to be my car back in the early 1980's, I had it about a year after purchasing it of one of my dad's colleagues who worked at Airedale and Wharfedale college in Horsforth, she was called Mary so there was a metallic light green M that went over the bonnet and down the swage lines of the body sides.

The drivers seat was a bucket seat in green tartan.

Me and a mate resprayed parts of it, I seem to remember some rust round the rear wheel arches, we got rid of the bonnet section of the M, I also replaced the timing chain and tensioner as it sounded like a diesel due to it rattling when it was warmed up.

Great fun and happy memories but bouncy road holding and it had weak synchromesh on second gear.

I traded it in (can't remember why) for a W reg Fiat Strada 65CL at the Renault garage in Horsforth. The last thing I heard of it was it was in the Renault dealer at the same time as my Strada for repairs, they pulled the dipstick out and there was no oil in the engine!

Where abouts are you in France? I have a house near Sancerre.

Yes please Dominic.

The car is currently in the UK back on UK plates as i offered it up to loan out for on the "Classic car loan project" organised by Bob Wilkinson but facilitated by the TR register.  I believe it is being handed over at Gaydon in April. Any photos would be great. Could you PM me ? Clem  

• 2 months later...

Well, the last time I saw this TR7 was on 13th September 1984 when I traded it in! I made it down to the Practical Classics Show this Saturday after negotiating various train cancellations but I got there, sadly I missed its current owner and restorer by a day.

Considering its 38 years or so later it was almost like going back in time, apart from the loss of it's two tone paint job and Paddy Hopkirk bucket drivers seat it looked just as I remember it, Considering rust was already starting way back then I can't imagine what state it was in or where infact it has been all these years... the mileage was similar to when I had it so must be on its 2nd or 3rd time round.

I hope it survives it loan car future and if Andy your ever considering selling it let me know...

20230325_153428.jpg