Interesting TR3 rally car for sale

One of my customers in France has decided to sell his 57 TR3 that he converted for rallying. It is located down near Clermont Ferrand. For anyone interested I am waiting on photos at the moment. Car is a US import and is Red with stone colour interior and hard top. Spec to follow.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Spec as per below.

TS16803 LO

Original overdrive and disk braked car

Engine

Uprated Engine rebuilt in 2012 done 1000 km since, 88.5mm Omega forged pistons, Carrillo rods, hardened / balanced crank, Peter burgess fast road head, NOS SAH cam.

Original Vintage DCOE Webers on SAH manifold

Racetorations steel lightweight flywheel

Racetorations roller rockers

Thin belt conversion with damper

Lightweight 45amp Nippon denso alternator

Alloy sump and rocker cover

Modern geared starter motor

123 distributor

Phoenix full SS fast road system

Gearbox

Racetorations Heavy duty 4 syncro, stag G box, steel syncros and big overdrive new 2013 (500 km)

Front end

Steering rack conversion (split column with slip joint so trafficator works)

Racetorations heavy duty stub axles with alloy HD hubs Racetorations adjustable upper control arms Ap racing 4 pot calipers with vented and drilled disks, Pagid pads.

Racetorations adjustable dual brake master cylinder set-up

Spax adjustable front shocks

Heavy duty ARB

Rear end

Armstrong dual piston lever arm shocks (very rare)

Racetorations fast road springs with rose jointed shock links

Chassis

strenghthened

Interior

Original Derrington steering wheel

Racetorations bucket seats

Clayton uprated heater

2 x Halda tripmasters calibrated and rebuilt by the late Martin Jubb

Ractorations roll over bar

Supplied with works steel hardtop, original lucas roof mounted spotlight, sidescreens, repro works style aeroscreens, original lucas alto horns + lucas slr 700 spot lights, TR2 grill, 72 spoke 15 x 6.5 wheels with Pirelli P6000 tyres.

On the button and ready to go

42,000 eur

Available separately

Good original engine + good original 3 syncro Od box , everything taken off to return to std car all in v good condition

Cacharat%202012_zpsgdpm3gxj.jpg

Edited by stuart

For £31K that's an awful lot of uprated and go faster bits, and many of them seem like the right bits too . . . . . depending, of course, on the detail tech regs of a particular event or series in terms of its eligibility.

For sure it has the potential to be a seriously quick machine.

With that degree of modification I'd want a whole album full of good photographs to even consider offering a view, and a Mk1 eyeball inspection for preference.

Cheers

Alec

For £31K that's an awful lot of uprated and go faster bits, and many of them seem like the right bits too . . . . . depending, of course, on the detail tech regs of a particular event or series in terms of its eligibility.

For sure it has the potential to be a seriously quick machine.

With that degree of modification I'd want a whole album full of good photographs to even consider offering a view, and a Mk1 eyeball inspection for preference.

Cheers

Alec

Results also count.

Stuart,

Looks bloody good value to me!!

Nice car, nice spec, worth the money all day long ????

Tom

Stuart,

Looks bloody good value to me!!

Nice car, nice spec, worth the money all day long

Tom

Yes, looks good to me too! Look @ general prices for TR3 & TR4 @ auctions/dealers/private sellers. You may say that they are 'asking' prices but how many dealers drop their prices very much to enable a sale! A top car is likely to get a good price in my view. People appear to want these cars & indeed most classics.

Stuart

It is a bitsa over valued imho sorry.

No.

This is a LHD car and on the continent, prices are a lot higher than in the UK. I know for sure that there are several Continental forum members here who have TRs with a higher price tag than this one when it comes to selling their car.

I have written this before: a lot of the UK forum members remember their first TR being run on a shoestring. Often their first car. During that same period, a TR was still an exotic car on the Continent. It never lost its value completely and since there were not many around, demand stayed high. And that's the reason why this is an expensive car from a UK owner's point of view.

Having said that: when Stuart posts a 'heads-up' like this, combined with the fact that it's a car from one of his customers, I wouldn't question the car's quality. For me and for a lot of others (I think), is Stuart's posting about the car it is a sign that you'll have to look hard for a better specimen.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Would cost £60k to build one to that spec from a bare tub.......

Bitsa car??? I think not.....

Will spread the word to the necessary folks Stuart

No.

This is a LHD car and on the continent, prices are a lot higher than in the UK. I know for sure that there are several Continental forum members here who have TRs with a higher price tag than this one when it comes to selling their car.

Menno

Well the tr2 at the gallery is an example of your statement.!

Well the tr2 at the gallery is an example of your statement.!

Yes that car would cost you 120,000 euros...

Perhaps over the top? Apart from that specimen, we both know a handful of people here in Holland with TRs that will sell for more than 42,000. And when insuring a TR here in Holland, the appraiser tends to look at market prices when it comes to estimating a car's value. And we see that the market prices for TRs are up and rising.

Menno

Looks great to me, and having had experience of Racetorations cars I'm a fan of their work.

My ideal car wold be a 5 in that sort of spec, but a 4a would do !

Steve

Yes that car would cost you 120,000 euros...

Perhaps over the top? Apart from that specimen, we both know a handful of people here in Holland with TRs that will sell for more than 42,000. And when insuring a TR here in Holland, the appraiser tends to look at market prices when it comes to estimating a car's value. And we see that the market prices for TRs are up and rising.

Menno

:rolleyes:B)

*off looking for mille miglia entryforms...*

Edited by EdwinTiben

For those who like that amount of non period modifications then i think that is a very good price.Look at a good rust free car which alone will be near that price then the costs of purchase / fitting all those goodies ,i think it's a no brainer.

If it had been to FIA spec which this is miles away from in the current spec then the price would be double.

Roy

Looks good! A few details like re-organising the routing of the fuel and brake pipes would clean things up under the bonnet. But, as said, that's a detail!

I love the look of the Brooklands screens and the roll-over bar!

Menno

Odd that a car prepared for rallying has just one coil on the left inner wing. Standard practice is to mount two coils side by side so that, in the event of failure, it takes just a few seconds to swap over.

Otherwise, it would seem that almost everything has been included in the package and, with a competent driver/navigator should prove competitive straight out of the box.

Ian Cornish

• 3 months later...