2016 Classic Le Mans?

• 1 month later...

I went last in 2008 with My TR4. I would encourage camping on circuit as you get the whole 24 HR experience. It's. worth getting there early if you want a decent pitch and I'm hoping the register is looking at it as I would be very interested but haven't seen anything on the website yet. I think I will see if any in my local group are going and see if they know what the club is doing.

The TR Register is organising dedicated camping space through Travel Destinations, this will be on the TRR website soon but for a sneak preview of what's on offer see: http://traveldestinations.co.uk/tr-register-car-club-tours/tr-tours-le-mans-classic/This includes hotel options for those that don't like canvas.

Mick

• 1 month later...

A Dash for Le Mans, or leisured enjoyment of La Belle France, and L'Automobile?

Many people take the cross channel ferry, get on the A16/A28 (even if that finds them in the Rouen snarl-up), dash down to Le Mans. and back again.
They have their reasons, sometimes I think because they rightly want to save leave days for a family holiday.

But France has some wonderful motor sport sites to visit, let alone the architecture, and is wonderful driving country, as anyone who has 10CRed can say. And the wine, and the cheese, etc.etc.

The last time I was at CLM, we went the long way, around Paris well to the North, to the incredible Riems-Gueux road circuit and then on clockwise to Le Mans. On the way back, it was Rouen-Les Essartes, another Grand Prix road circuit of times past and worth a visit. And all the way, the driving was a joy, on uncrowded roads through beautiful country.

If anyone is thinking of extending their Le Mans visit in a similar way, let's join up, exchange ideas about places "worth a diversion" and multiplying our enjoyment. One I'd like to look at ( and drive ) is Montlhery; not a road circuit, but banked, like Monza, and they do track days! http://www.trackdays...montlhery-cic64

John

Edited by john.r.davies