Insurance Renewal!

Saw Denise at IWE and was persuaded to move over to the Register Scheme. Got my renewal notice in from the Towergate replacement, Footman James at £140.69, up about 10 quid.

Called the TR Register Scheme this morning and the quote came in at a shade over £200!

No thanks.

:-(

I have just changed from towergate(footman james) they had all my details wrong and were £100 dearer than the register insurance, so you have guessed it , i am with the register.

I tried to ring FJ, can you get through, can you hell !!

Cheers,

Conrad.

Hi Prambert,

be very careful of the FJ product - if you have a problem you will have a PROBLEM. It will be yours and there is little help from the broker.

The TRRI product is more like the Towergate cover. The extra money would be well worth spending.

I am not biased towards anybody as I am insured with another company.

Roger

Hi Prambert,

be very careful of the FJ product - if you have a problem you will have a PROBLEM. It will be yours and there is little help from the broker.

The TRRI product is more like the Towergate cover. The extra money would be well worth spending.

I am not biased towards anybody as I am insured with another company.

Roger

Tut, tut Roger - maybe you would like to either qualify or withdraw that statement as this seems like insurance advice to me............ :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

only the facts. I was a customer with FJ and when somebody ran into the back of me I ended up paying more than I should have done -

no support what so ever form FJ.

The TRRi product is very similar to the old Towergate product

I am with another broker and am happy.

As for advice - it is not an issue - the rules have changed we are no longer in the control of the FCO.

Roger

Hi Andrew,

only the facts. I was a customer with FJ and when somebody ran into the back of me I ended up paying more than I should have done -

I am with another broker and am happy.

As for advice - it is not an issue - the rules have changed we are no longer in the control of the FCO.

Can you give us a clue who you are happy with Roger. My Towergate policy runs out next month & with no intention of going to FJ my thought was only TRRi but wondering if there are better schemes & alternatives, perhaps Hagerty or Lancaster?

Roger

Just changed to TRRI this year and have used their recovery service (when wheel came off) I changed from RC who were very good but as the premiums were about the same I decided that the fringe benefits specific to the TR Register would be worthwhile ( ie drive other members TRs (not that I ever have). They also have an agreed value with just 6 photos and special terms for reinstating a crashed car or some such either way there is plenty of choices out there. You pays your money you takes your choice!

Charles

Hi Andrew,

Hi Roger,

So, one bad experience and FJ are condemned in favour of the TRR scheme which you haven't experienced .............not sure that's really fair?

Luckily, I've never had to use the TG or the FJ policy, so happily can't comment on either's efficiently at claim handling.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Roger

Roger

Was this with FJ or Towergate/FJ

Hi Roger,

So, one bad experience and FJ are condemned in favour of the TRR scheme which you haven't experienced .............not sure that's really fair?

Cheers

Andrew

Has anyone had experience of dealing wit the TRRI scheme after an accident rather than using the recovery scheme as this one of the most important issues and as far as I am aware nobody has reported any issues either for or against on this forum

Dave

Hi Andrew,

I make one comment and I am condemned - is that hardly fair !! it works both ways.

My criticism of FJ is based on being with them for many years. Year upon year there premium would increase well above the RPI etc - probably in-line with others.

Every other year you had to submit pics for the valuation - not difficult. But if you forgot then it was forgotten. They had not facility to remind you.

Their customer care during the accident claim was seriously at arms length - you phone them for advice and tey put you in touch with a 3rd party management group that had no interest in the problem. I had to contact the Insurance company direct (not my choice) to get things done - and then they were not.

Completely rubbish bunch.

Generally you should get what you pay for - be very careful.

Roger

Hi Andrew,

I make one comment and I am condemned - is that hardly fair !! it works both ways.

Hi Roger,

Your'e hardly being condemned. I was just seeking clarification because your original post contained none.

Please don't confuse me with those who do post vilifying others at the drop of a hat, or are just miserable buggers spoiling for a confrontation at the slightest opportunity - I am neither, which I hope you know.

Best regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I certainly wouldn't couple you up with anybody - you are your own man and play by the rules.

perhaps these insurance matter just get at me.

There is no sane reason for the disparity between providers but it appears every broker excels somewhere but fails elsewhere - except FJ and for me they fail everywhere.

Roger

This is all a little confusing & dare I say a little worrying. I thought the Register scheme was set up to compare with the old Towergate scheme? Now that Towergate have merged or whatever with FJ & are possibly not as good for us as before is the Register scheme, are they upping their premiums now they think they have enticed us over? When speaking to Denise @ IWE I got the impression that benefits would be better than FJ & premiums would be similar to old Towergate! Am I about to get a hike in cost next month when I intend to move out of old Towergate & go to TRRi?

Looks like another damn round of insurance quotes instead of thinking TRRi was the definate way to go!

If our own scheme cannot be competitive with the others then what is the point of a Club insurance?

Hi Monty,

PM sent.

Roger

Did not receive it Roger.

Go compare have a classic car insurance comparison, I use that to get a few quotes.

I like gocompare as they remember my details and I get house/car/classic/motorbike quotes in the one place.

They don't seem to do Yachts though !

Steve

Monty/Roger

I like you was very happy to transfer from Towergate to TRRI and when I spoke to Denise at IWE I understood that apart from losing the Homestart from the breakdown cover it would pretty much be the same.

I spent some time on the phone to TRRI and when I queried the hike of 60 quid I was told it was due to the age of the named drivers.

The same drivers that have been on my Towergate Policy for the last 4 years, who are now a bit older than they were! None are youngsters... 71, 57, 31 & 29.

I was disappointed to say the least. I was happy with Towergate and the help we got from Sue & Denise in the office.

Be interested to see if your premium rises next month.

Roger, I hear what you say about FJ - I know nothing about them, happy to have other companies recommended from other members.

Phil

Monty/Roger

I like you was very happy to transfer from Towergate to TRRI and when I spoke to Denise at IWE I understood that apart from losing the Homestart from the breakdown cover it would pretty much be the same.

I spent some time on the phone to TRRI and when I queried the hike of 60 quid I was told it was due to the age of the named drivers.

The same drivers that have been on my Towergate Policy for the last 4 years, who are now a bit older than they were! None are youngsters... 71, 57, 31 & 29.

I was disappointed to say the least. I was happy with Towergate and the help we got from Sue & Denise in the office.

Be interested to see if your premium rises next month.

Roger, I hear what you say about FJ - I know nothing about them, happy to have other companies recommended from other members.

Phil

Well Phil just maybe somebody from the scheme or even head office can give us some answers on the competiveness of this so called TRR official scheme that we are nagged about joining!

Like Tom, I'm with Hagerty, they seem excellent and do multi-car policies too. And they're based at Silverstone, which is a good sign !

Touch wood, never had a claim, but when you ring up you get someone who clearly understands classics and probably runs one himself; the last guy I spoke to at renewal had a Karmann Ghia, if I remember rightly.

Edited by Superaquarama

I agree with Monty if the TRRI is not competitive what is the point it would just be another eponymous broker and we should get comparative like for like quotes elsewhere. I too trusted TRRI to be best value for money due to group purchasing power.

For many members, the TRRI scheme is very competitive, but it's not a one size fits all situation - and it's not yet as good as was hoped it would be, back in the initial planning stages.

I'm well aware of just how much work has gone into improving the scheme since its 2013 inception, and particularly during this current year.

Let's not forget that the new board inherited a relatively long term insurance contract, and a separate spin-off company of our own (Hawksworth Didcot Ltd). Doubtless not what they would have wished for in an ideal world, but they've had to make the best of this particular legacy.

So the whole deal has been renegotiated, and HDL quietly interred - but the club directors have not exactly been negotiating from a position of strength, and in that context I reckon they've made a more than decent job of it thus far.

To be fair, I'm pleasantly surprised at just how much progress they have made - more than I, for one, had expected would be possible.

Cheers

Alec