TR5 - Goodwood Revival 12 Sep 2015 - Best in show competition

I have been lucky enough to have my TR5 short listed by Stirling Moss for a best in show competition being held at the Goodwood Revival on September 12. Ten cars are being displayed each day and the TR is on display on the Saturday and the only Triumph over all three days of the Revival. There is a vote each day for the best of the ten cars on display that day. Trying to drum up so if anyone is able to support please click on the link below and vote for car no. 3.May a Triumph win! Many thanks!

http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/2015_revival_car_show_best_in_show/rcs-bis-saturday-shortlist.html

More information available here

https://grrc.goodwood.com/goodwood-revival/goodwood-revival-car-show#4GUUw0HccJIMAZVU.97

shame they did not ask for a period correct car rather than a blinged!!! version

True!

Stuart.

Thank you for your support. I am a recent member of the Register and 45049 is my membership number. I am new to posting and it was Roger Ferris who recommended that I post here. I had not expected that it would provoke such a hostile reaction from some and assumed I was joining a supportive community of fellow Triumph lovers. For those who are interested the car has racing history having been campaigned by Mike and Jeff Pumford before winning the TR Register Championship in 1995 driven by Joe Henderson. In 2002 it won the Mid Ohio 50th Triumph Anniversary race driven by Chris Petch. It was totalled some time afterwards and then restored by Chris.

Thanks for anyone who voted for a Triumph!

Regards,

SimonL

SimonL

You are joining a supportive community, but with your totally anonymous approach it will take time to win trust.

I had already reported one scammer today, trying to off-load phone jammers. Then you posted, and it looked very much like a come-on for FJ.

Peter

What on earth is the matter with this Forum ?

Chap joins in here all of an excitement because his car has been chosen by Stirling as part of a major competition . . . . . if I'd been in his shoes, I don't suppose I'd have been anything other than all of a two and eight either. Bit of a major ego trip for heaven's sake, not exactly an everyday occurrence.

Of course the chap doesn't know all our unwritten protocols, why the devil should he ? He's only just joined our ranks . . . . .

So what happens, folks jumping down the poor sod's throat faster than a pack of nancy boys in a turkish bath house. Jump to conclusions and rush to judgement or what ?

Come on guys, give him a break, he has managed more than most of us after all.

And as for originality versus bling . . . . . Stirling's selection, his rules, since when has he needed advice from the likes of us ?

And Peter James has not had anything to do with Footman James for many a long year . . . . . and having dealt with Peter James for quite a few years past, I can heartily recommend his company and its services. Usual disclaimers, of course.

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Simon,

welcome to the forum and the TRR. Please forgive any concern over anonymous posters etc.

Can you imagine the scenario - do the Goodwood competition rules allow hawking for votes if you were a none member etc.

My question - who are you and the description was meant in good stead and you have responded accordingly.

This forum is very good for the most part. We have the occasional tiff but so does the local pub etc.

I shall be voting for you. Very best of luck to you.

Roger Hogarth

SE Director

PS - vote cast

Edited by RogerH

Hi Simon,

I have circulated the link to members at Kennet Valley Group to drum up support for you, very well done and the best of luck!!!!!

Phil :D

Many thanks to all (too many to respond to individually) who have posted to say they have voted/will vote and to anyone else who simply votes. As Alec said in his post yesterday (thanks for the words!) I was very excited when I learnt about the short listing and would of course love for a Triumph to win on the day. My first car was a Triumph (Spitfire Mark IV) bought in 1977.

On another note, I gathered from one post that Mike Pumford was not well. I spoke to his son last night and it appears he is suffering from a pretty invasive cancer and is due to undergo surgery next Tuesday. Here is hoping for the best for him and his family.

Thanks again.

Simon

ps it took some hunting on the site to discover that I had to apply to have accreditation as a TR Register member shown on the Forums so have emailed this off.

• 2 weeks later...

What on earth is the matter with this Forum ?

Chap joins in here all of an excitement because his car has been chosen by Stirling as part of a major competition . . . . . if I'd been in his shoes, I don't suppose I'd have been anything other than all of a two and eight either. Bit of a major ego trip for heaven's sake, not exactly an everyday occurrence.

Of course the chap doesn't know all our unwritten protocols, why the devil should he ? He's only just joined our ranks . . . . .

So what happens, folks jumping down the poor sod's throat faster than a pack of nancy boys in a turkish bath house. Jump to conclusions and rush to judgement or what ?

Come on guys, give him a break, he has managed more than most of us after all.

And as for originality versus bling . . . . . Stirling's selection, his rules, since when has he needed advice from the likes of us ?

And Peter James has not had anything to do with Footman James for many a long year . . . . . and having dealt with Peter James for quite a few years past, I can heartily recommend his company and its services. Usual disclaimers, of course.

Cheers,

Alec

Well said. I've had a (non-TR) car of mine just win it's class at a club's national show and didn't get any negative comments from the club's forum members. Can't we all just be pleased that a TR has achieved consciousness at a national level? That's what we're trying to promote, aren't we?

Andy

Simon, I didn't see a way to vote for your TR5 without sharing my personal contact details with Stewart Miller & Peter James Insurance. I'm guessing that's the only route to support your entry -- and the main reason they're doing their "best in show" contest, yes?

Good luck in the voting!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who voted for my TR5. It won the day and was voted Best in Show car from those shorlisted by Sir Stirling Moss for the competition on the Saturday of the Goodwood Revival. It was also an additional huge privilege to meet the great Sir Stirling!

post-13612-0-05265000-1442275722_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simon-L