Fuel pressure test point adaptor

Hi.

In my quest to fit a fuel pressure gauge in the cab I've got an electronic oil pressure gauge..but I need to connect the sender unit, I have a test point bit can anyone point me in the right direction for connecting the two together ?

Images attached......TA again Mark

the T piece adapter has an unusual thread on it to connect to a pressure gauge, it has a blanking cap on it. however you can take the fitting with blanking cap off an fit an adapter to fit your pressure transducer. what thread does the transducer have on it? I might be able to help you with the adapter. This I what I did with mine.

regards

mike

yes. you can unscrew the adapter piece and then fit an adapter to fit your transducer, I will have a look at what I used on mine.

will try to take a picture tomorrow and try to post it (about time I learnt how to past pictures to this forum...).

regards

mike

yes. I found the pressure was at 90psi. Have adjusted it up and fitted a new supply cable to the pump. Now have 110psi (yes slightly high) even when starting the car. Make starting much easier.

BTW the pressure is very constant even when pushing the car in third gear :)

regards

mike

I used a 4-20mA loop powered digital display (left over from a work project) and a loop powered 4-20mA Pressure transducer. All a bit unusual but its what I often use at work... Basically you connect 12V to the transducer and then connect the display in series with the other transducer and the then to ground. The display is powered from the base loop current (4ma) and the transducer varies the loop current (4-20mA).

I will try to find the details of the transducer and display if you want, I also need to find the thread details for the adapter as well....

cheers

mike

Me thinks a write-up in our magazine would be nice. Showing list of items needed, with part numbers and where to get. Plus installation details (wiring etc).

Cheers ...> Alan