Car Display Virgin

Just a break from Nuts n Bolts threads...On Sunday my wife had arranged to meet up with her girlfriends for a Picnic at the Pitstone Green (open air) Museum, persuading me to go along too as they had many interesting things such as a Lancaster Bomber Cockpit that you can go inside! That did the trick, and as a bonus if you went in a Classic Car you saved the 12 quid entry fee (for two).

Well, as it was a nice sunny day and only a few miles from home it made sense to take our TR6...enroute travelling along the B489 from Dagnell to Pitstone, I thought we must have been going in the wrong direction as several Classic Cars were travelling in the other direction...which included a Saffron TR6 (SFY reg plate). Now I can't remember when I last saw another TR6 on the road when out in mine.

Despite owning my 'sixer' for 43 years I've never ever 'shown' it as such, so when we were directed into a show area of classic cars it felt quite odd, there was everything from a Model T Ford to a Cobra, a 3.8 Mk2 Jag to a Triumph Roadster (TR1 ?) As my engine compartment is quite tidy I left it with the Bonnet up...and was tickled to see later other owners followed suit!

So now LBH 488H is no longer a Virgin you see! And going into a Lancaster Cockpit was a first too! Cool!

Man that's awesome...I too popped my displaying cherry! Now mine isn't exactly in showing mint condition but still presentable...but its more the fact that people just love to see them in all shapes and conditions!! Keep it up pal!!