Hi Anthony

Other people like yourself may not be able to make the Saturday but will go on the Sunday so there may be a chance of finding what you are looking for?

Maybe an idea to ask on the forum if members have what you are looking for & collect on the Sunday?

Cheers

Mike B)

Hi Anthony

It depends on which bits/parts you want, several large suppliers there, plenty of members selling parts, and the "bring and buy" all do decent business on Sunday.

In years gone by, the IWE was THE place to get parts, nowadays there are loads of opportunities to get what is needed within a few days, including using this forum, no need to wait for an annual event.

Plenty of stuff going on to entertain visitors on Sunday, loads of people/friends to catch up with, not just sellers and spares........

Regards

Ian

Many thanks for the encouraging replies, Ian and Mike.

I'll probably try and get there anyway but, y'know, after a couple of years of buying parts I've got into that mindset but actually it's just dawned on me now I think about it that there's not much I still need !

And most of that is stuff that has to be new anyway, like wiring loom, grommets, pedal rubbers and such. Still not decided about stainless bumpers or whether to go the tonneau / soft-top or the Surrey route, those and a new set of tyres are about all the major items left now.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Thanks, Snowy and Roger, but I'll leave tyres until the car's nearly ready, hopefully next spring.. There were some mutterings about age limits on tyres a few months back - anyone heard any more about this ?

The Longstone website has an interesting item about the XAS v Vredstein Classic on Mk2 Jags, the former seems much better but then it should, considering the price !

Anthony