6-Blade Tropical Fan on eBay

Casual observations -

The so called tropical fan is nothing special - just a Triumph sedan fan - breaker's yards had them by the truckload...

Exactly right, Viv. It was a six-cylinder fitment. From early GT6s and sedans, before they went to plastic fans. Standard-Triumph part number 211986, if I'm not wrong.

There aren't too many here in the US, as sedans were always quite rare. Mainly old GT6s is where I find them.

Casual observations -

The so called tropical fan is nothing special - just a Triumph sedan fan - breaker's yards had them by the truckload.

I've always fitted blow-through fans - reasoning - who stands behind a fan to cool down ?.

Viv

VIV

where do you get a house or office type fan that sucks? they all blow that is why you stand in front of one to cool down. I currently have two blowing in my lounge in the evenings to cool us down and one all night in the bedroom.

NO! I don´t have air con in my house.

Dave

Exactly right, Viv. It was a six-cylinder fitment. From early GT6s and sedans, before they went to plastic fans. Standard-Triumph part number 211986, if I'm not wrong.

There aren't too many here in the US, as sedans were always quite rare. Mainly old GT6s is where I find them.

correct, i have just fitted the one i bought in the past to fit on my gt6 mk1 on my tr2. allthough in the setup with the original bellows thermostat there is no real need, but even in traffic jams and high temperature the current setup bellows-alu radiator-tropical fan, there is absolutely no need of kenlow.

there is however a difference in the large bolt used on the fanextension. on the tr3a from a friend it was no possible to slide the fan over the bolt, the hole was just too small ?

Hi Dave,

Just a short way of saying I prefer electric fans as pushers, rather than sucking it through. Seems more efficient in traffic on hot days, but plenty disagree and fit electric puller fans like the mechanical originals.

Aircon or next best evaporative cooling is a must here in summer or you can't sleep.

Rgds,

Viv

Well since we're 'under new management' things might have changed...

Sadly the automatic gearbox of the Volvo couldn't cope with that temperature

Hi Menno! So how does the heat affect the auto transmission? Does it fail to shift properly?

Cheers, Frank

I dont know if the tropical fans are origonal but I have one fitted to my 3A thanks to Andrew Smith and on a 120km Run in 43° the other week the car stayed at the correct temprature even in the one and only traffic jam we encountered. So for me they are a worthwhile modification

Cheers

Alan