No in a word, but have used www.bettercarlighting.co.uk Midlands based.

Gil is the owner & few others have used his products off the forum.

I purchased front sidelight bulbs & rear brake/side lights, spot on IMHO.

Cheers

Mike. B)

If fitting to a Sidescreen car the bulbs need to put out light at the right angle, & at the right position (behind the "lens" part of the red cover). I played with some last year, & did not find any which worked better than the standard. I did however change dashboard lighting, stop lamp (centre), & sidelights (in headlamp) to LED type from bettercarlighting, & would agree that Gil was very helpfull.

Bob

i read the article in the TRaction and thought of getting a set of LED stuff for my 6 as a safety thing

so if you ring better lighting would they supply all the stop and tail reversing and indicators fornt and back also the front sidelights as a kit ???

regards

david

Hi David.

I ended up giving them a call when I did mine, after getting confused on the Web. They were very helpful not cheep but I had 2 instances of cars screeching to a halt last year and thought this might help things, they are much brighter.

Good luck Mark

Hi David.

I ended up giving them a call when I did mine, after getting confused on the Web. They were very helpful not cheep but I had 2 instances of cars screeching to a halt last year and thought this might help things, they are much brighter.

Good luck Mark

ok will do i got confused also lots to choose from

thanks

david

Edited by dblenk

Here is a photo taken earlier this year showing the difference between the original filament rear tail light and the replacement LED lamp. I'm happy with the change!

Edited for comment: I really must tidy the garage . . . .

Edited to provide extra info: the rear stop/tail lights are 'Betterlighting's part 380 High power COB bulbs in red and shine backwards, rather than downwards as is the case with some led replacements.

post-12457-0-22510700-1438114955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alfrom

Thanks for the responses. I believe the issue with the bettercarlighting bulbs is that at the moment the LED fitting points downwards and therefore the light is not thrown back. I thought the panel arrangement of the moss offering would overcome this. The problem of coursr is with the size of the lens cover on a 3A

• 4 weeks later...

I have been making the most of a typical Bank Holiday w/e weather to fit my LED stop/tail lights that I got from Litezupp http://www.litezupp.org.uk/shop/4578949504/right-angle-red-l57rn-style-negative-ground-'stop-tail'/6866358

These are at right angles so they work well on the TR3 set up. So they aren't cheap - but it is a small price to pay for peace of mind that you can be seen! I cant believe the difference two tiny LEDs can make!

Pics show LED in lhs

Side lights post-13503-0-92297900-1441296307_thumb.jpg

Stop lights post-13503-0-23758200-1441296345_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ben Freer