Manifold Exhaust gasket

Hi,

I'm going to remove my throttle bodies and manifold from my CP car and refit to eliminate any possible causes of air leaks and ensure it goes back on square with a throttle body jig so I can finally get those butterflies closed at idle.

My question is, are all manifold gaskets the same? I'd like to buy the best there is first time round.

I can see the part number is AJM682 sold for £5 or so by the usual outlets but I have also seen a Payen gasket JA510 for £15 and am wondering if it is better.

The manifold etc is all standard.

Thanks

Jim

Jim

FWIW, after problems with other manufacturers (cheaper) gaskets leaking, Clive Manvers has suggested that I use Payen, as they find them reliable.

That is the way I am going when I take the head off my 6 in September.

It will cost more, but, I hope, will be more reliable

Hi Jim!

J Payen & Halls Gaskets were the after market company of CMJ, ( Coopers Mechanical Joint Ltd) who were the original OEM gasket manufacturer to virtually,the whole of the UK motor industry. J Payen & Co are now owned by Felpro a US Company. I will let you make up your own mind as to what to buy.

Bruce.

Hi Jim,

To add some positive experience I purchased and fitted a Revington TR uprated gasket. The gasket supplied was much thicker than the previous gasket (which had blown badly) and was very good quality. Fitting and alignment of the throttle bodies with butterflies fully closed at idle seems to have worked OK as well. I've nod idea where Revington TR purchase their uprated gaskets from but it seems to have done the job.

Best Regards, Peter