Hi all, just like wjgco I'm the current owner of a wonderful tr6 and would like some more history to add to it, I've not got much atoll so anything is better than nothing!! Who ever owned the 6 before me did a fantastic job on her! Thanks, Gary

Edited by TR6GAZ

Hi Gary. Stuart mentions a 11RD form and send it off for a fiver, I'm not sure what that form is but the trace form is V888 from the post office. Fill this in with proof of ownership and send it off with your £5 fee. It could be a 6 week wait but well worth it as it will give you all the names and last addresses of all previous owners plus build date plus all different registrations the car may have had, eg, private plate.

When trying to contact the past owners make sure you give your tel no and email address, or if by post a sae envelope. Also remember to be sensitive how and what you ask because if the past owner has past away (or maybe divorced) it might bring up sad or bitter memories. There will be a reasonable chance that the past owner are no longer at that address so make sure you ask the present owners if they know where they moved to. If you have a problem finding them (hitting a dead end) pm me, there are a couple more ways to go down depending on what info you have found.

This also applies to wjgco.

Dave

Edited by nowtelse2do

Ah wonderful I'll get on that next time I visit the post office! Its more of a case of backing up mot's and checking the mileage as I've not got much apart from the last three. But I'll do as you say first...I was hoping someone would reply "Bugger me you've got me old LENNY (LNY)!" I'll keep you up to date with what I get back from the post office though...Thanks for your help...Gary

Dave

Thank you

I have the details of PO's / build date / colour at build, but;

1. I just have no info prior to 2000ish

2. The info from DVLA helps nail down colour change / engine change owners, but, within a 13 year span.

Gary

The info from the DVLA is very definitely a fivers worth +

With Daves kind offer in hand, I will now compose a letter that I can send to all PO's

I will let you know how I get on.

Note;

The aluminium for my new rad cowl arrives tomorrow and I have a show to go to next week . . . now I have too many jobs to do, all at the same time, hey ho . . . I am really looking forward to all of it

Ok well that's well worth a do then, what about old mot's...anyway to get those? Do they only go back 13 years too?

Yep

Almost everything stops in 2002 and it comes to a complete stop in 2000

Happy hunting chaps. After I got my trace for the TWR it took me 4 year to nail all the previous owners down, but I did and all of them were delighted that i'd contacted them and all asked to be kept up to date with it, and all of them refer to it as 'our car'. I wished they'd help with the running costs of 'our car' :)

You never know what turns up about your car, mine turned out to be the medical car for the chief medical officer of Brands Hatch who was one of Prof Sid Watkins friends. Sid drove and rode as passenger many times in it and apparently smoked huge cigars which the owner didn't like but put up with.

Incidentally, both of them (along with Jonathan Palmer, doctor and race driver) were at the scene of the accident when Jacques Laffite crashed in the 1986 British GP which ended his GP days, our car wasn't used that day.

Dave

Edited by nowtelse2do

Man that's an incredible story to go with your car! I'm just hoping to find someone who did some work on her in the past and perhaps build a good history file filled with pictures and reports...hell even a good story or two as to where this baby of mine ended up one summers day!