Oil Filler Decal for TR2 longdoor

Hi, i'm looking for a oil filler decal for a TR2 Longdoor.

Can't find it on the internet, maybe someone has a

scan from the decal so i can make a copy.

Thanks

IMG_1851_zpshusne0et.jpg

Edited by Kutscher

Joe Richards has advertised these in the back pages of the TRA Newsletter (the bimonthly publication of the Triumph Register of America) for a long time. No personal experience, but this seems to be what you're looking for. If 2long Dan or John Warfield get a chance they may weigh in, and they're a lot closer to early stuff than I.

i-Cqt4NHc-XL.jpg

I suspect there are more sources beyond this one, too.

I have used Joe's decals. They work fine and look much better than the heavy 'stickers' sold by most purveyors.. Get a pair in case you have difficulties or need to replace it later to save postage... note that the decal in the picture is not applied properly; the decal on these early ones should be oriented to read from the left side of the car presumably as that's the location of the dipstick. Later versions of the 'big' oil filler decal faced to the front.

Edited by jdwtrxk

I have used Joe's decals. They work fine and look much better than the heavy 'stickers' sold by most purveyors.. Get a pair in case you have difficulties or need to replace it later to save postage...

Thanks, John -- if they meet your standards, that's good enough for me!

Hi, can't find a E mail adres from Joe. Can somebody help me with this?

And thanks for the information about the position of the oil cap decal.

Edited by Kutscher

For those wondering, Joe Richards rescued and restored TS1LO, the hand built (pre production) first TR2.

Apart from having more aluminium panelling, sister car to TS2, the TR Register's hand built second TR2.

Viv

I first saw TS1 when it was literally a pile of rust in Joe's garage circa 1980. It's come a long way since then. The newly-restored TS1 (just completed by Mark Macy and his team) will be on display 11-15 August 2015 at the Vintage Triumph Register 2015 National Convention in Fontana, Wisconsin, USA

Moss part number CRTR210 four pounds seventy five pence.

Graham

That's a later style, AFAIK, Graham -- similar to the one on my car.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?search_group=&q=CRTR210

crtr210pic1_8.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi.

Just a quick revival of this thread with regards to the decal.

The one by Joe seems to be the correct one from period photos I have seen, but I would like to be certain that the decal with the "Recommended Oils" in the center is valid for all TR2s and not just the earlier ones.

I am not sure when the one from Moss came into the picture with the extra names.

I also have seen the orientation is so that the "Recommended Oils" is read from the dipstick side. Is this also throughout the use of this type decal?

EDIT: I contacted Joe Richards who sent me a page or 2 of information on the breathers and it looks like the concentric circle decal with "Recommended Oils" is the correct one.

Dirk

Edited by irrational
  • 1 year later...

Hello everybody,

I own a late TR2 RHD (Sept 1955) and I am also looking for the correct oil filler cap decal.

Maybe you could help me? Is it one of the above ("Recommended Oils", or this one: https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?search_group=&q=CRTR210 )

Or maybe none of them, but this one:

I am excited to read your thoughts.

On 7/20/2015 at 2:56 AM, Kutscher said:

Hi, i'm looking for a oil filler decal for a TR2 Longdoor.

Can't find it on the internet, maybe someone has a

scan from the decal so i can make a copy.

Thanks

IMG_1851_zpshusne0et.jpg

I would also like one for my long door. Are they still available?

Edited by John McCormack
  • 2 weeks later...

Bob,

That was my understanding too.Before I posted the above I had a quick  read of my

factory WSM which gives  .010/.012 on P22  (To set valve clearances)

The reference to high speed .013", which was news to me, is P24 (last para of 12. (k) and

it's literally an afterthought.Also .015" to set the timing in the absence of timing marks,

so a pretty good spread of feelers required . 

Roger M-E