• 5 years later...

I know that this post was in  2015 post- but I have just found the picture of the car. A bit of history on BHP440k.   I owned this back in the  late 60's and early 70's  In those days it was paintwork was Damson. The only problem I ever had was the overdrive relay detaching, which I re-wired. A wonderful car, but I had to sell it when my son became too large to be strapped into his carry cot (behind the seats). This was my second TR6. The first was CYO818H and was white. I think that may have disappeared by now.

Patrick, BHP 440K is alive and well in the TRR being owned by a member from Surrey. CYO 818H has never been in the Register however it is currently taxed and on the road according to the DVLA

Derek 

On 12/14/2020 at 7:01 AM, saffrontr said:

Patrick, BHP 440K is alive and well in the TRR being owned by a member from Surrey. CYO 818H has never been in the Register however it is currently taxed and on the road according to the DVLA

Derek 

They sold it Derek, some years ago. The car is now in the Essex group, owner resides in the Epping area. Its still Mallard green and being well used, home and abroad.

This photo taken about 4 years ago in Lavenham, Suffolk. My old pimento TR6 is alongside, I'm trying to trace the new owner of that car if anyone can assist? JLF434N.

Thanks

Bob

Edit: Photo now removed.

Edited by OldBob

Thanks Bob, I should look more closely at the database, the current owner does indeed come from Essex. Your old TR6, JLF 434N,  is not currently in the TRR and the last time I saw it was when TRGB had it for sale on their stand at the NEC Classic car Show in 2017.

cheers

Derek

Thanks all of you for your comments. Nice to know that both of my old TR6s are alive. CYO818H was my first. I sold it as the clutch was starting to give problems, and it did not have an overdrive . I traded it in and bought BHP440K . Before that I had a mk2 Spitfire  (GPM457D), but that was on its second chassis (no bull.)and third bonnet when I sold it. Since then, sadly, it has been a succession of boring company cars. 

4 hours ago, PatrickRJ said:

Thanks all of you for your comments. Nice to know that both of my old TR6s are alive. CYO818H was my first. I sold it as the clutch was starting to give problems, and it did not have an overdrive . I traded it in and bought BHP440K . Before that I had a mk2 Spitfire  (GPM457D), but that was on its second chassis (no bull.)and third bonnet when I sold it. Since then, sadly, it has been a succession of boring company cars. 

Never too late Patrick.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Patrick

Since I started this post all those years ago I have found and been in contact with the current owner. 

I cant remember exactly when I bought it, probably 1992.

it was advertised I the Exchange and Mart as a stalled restoration project. 

I went to see if in Slough where it was in lots of pieces spread over two lock up garages no work had been done  

it was still Damson but came with a Surrey top glass frame. 

It was me that changed it to Mallard blue but sold it in 95 to start my business.

In 2015 I restored another in the same colour as it looked so good in 95. 

Cheers  Laurence