Relocating dip switch.

I have now found a scan of a scan of the article to which I referred to in my earlier post on this topic, so the image quality is not perfect. I have done this conversion on my 4A and it works a treat and it was not difficult or time consuming to carry out.

Graham

post-4330-0-88431800-1438173182_thumb.jpg

I have now found a scan of a scan of the article to which I referred to in my earlier post on this topic, so the image quality is not perfect. I have done this conversion on my 4A and it works a treat and it was not difficult or time consuming to carry out.

Graham

Thanks for posting that Graham. That seems to be the way to go. I really appreciate your effort in finding what I remember seeing, but couldn't remember where or when.

Rodders.

Maybe as Fats Waller said, "my feets too big". I find it difficult to operate due to the lack of room to the left of the clutch pedal, RHD.

Rodders.

I see your Cornish.....webbed feet.

We have hooves in Devon :-)

Thanks for that Robin. I can see how the addition of the blocking diode enables headlamp flash but doesn't the latching relay still operate when you flash the headlamps when on dipped beam, say to flash a truck when passing at night? Presumably then you'd need to remember to operate the switch again to go back to dip.

Edited by peejay4A

I have a tr250 with the same stalk headlight swicht as the early tr 6.

With a length of 2m I could also use a little more room for my left leg (LHD) and wanted to remove the dip switch.

As discussed earlier in this thread, I opted a few years ago for the flash option of the headlight switch to choose between headlight and dim light.

When owning a volvo 240 estate , i found out that volvo has a nice mechanic relay for the head light/dim and flash option. You don't have to use a diode.

The relay was first introduced on the volvo 164 in 1968,so it is also from the right era.

The flash is working with the lights off, but not with the lights on.

in the attached file you can can find out how to wire the relay.

regards henk

post-2255-0-99228300-1438376763_thumb.jpeg

Good morning,

I have found the TR Action which contained the article that I posted a scan of a scan of. So if anyone is interested here is a better quality scan of the original article which appeared in the July 2008 (No.228). Robin's article was in the June 2008 edition.

Graham

post-4330-0-27077200-1438423572_thumb.jpg