Wow that's low pressure at the front. You got gorilla biceps ?

James

James,

Triumph recommended settings on Triumph recommended tyres - don't forget these are 165/86s not 185/195/70s or the arm wrenching 205/60s some do fit.

Andrew,You could try 24 FR 28 RR

and up the rears to 30 for a full load, (Two up and a boot full)

or for sustained high speeds.

John.

John,

I ran 24/26 on VUX on 185/70 which suited and tried various pressures on TR6 tyres over the last 35 years.

22/26 suited Saffy just fine on the Dunlop SP4s, so we'll see with the XAS - although it drives very well.

Cheers both

Andrew

You will find if you go up with poundage on XAS`s then the squealing gets louder if you start throwing it about.

Stuart.

Hi Andrew

I have recently gone back to the excellent 165/80/15 Michelin XAS tyres and have to concur with your findings. I too, run them at recommended pressures of 22 front and 26 rear and they are a blinking great tyre for the TR6. Car drives as it should and yes I have tried 185/70/15 and 195/65/15 too and they just didn't do it for me. Now a happy TR driver.

They are of course not cheap and I bought mine from Longstone (cut a good deal) but worth every penny.

Alan

With respect to pressures, I've never gotten satisfaction when probing round for proper values on non-original tyre sizes. I'm amazed to see some of the choices made over here ( 215 for example ) with eye-popping pressures exceeding 30 psi.

On my own 195/65s the outside inch of tread doesn't meet the pavement at 30 psi. I run them a bit below that but to get them on the ground all across would probably require 20-22 psi. Reduced rolling resistance is why I go higher.

I'm leaning toward the XASs too but they won't fit my 6" wheels. The alternative is to refit the 3.7:1 diff ratio and go with XVSs since they are still available in 185.

Cheers,

Tom