hello,new to the forum dont currently own a tr but looking to buy a tr6 soon,been to view one today and it seemed to be pretty rough in the body department,from what i could see of the chassis it did'nt appear too bad but i expect a closer inspection would probably reveal some horror stories.i;m looking for a project to occupy me for a year or so or what ever no real rush.

Paul

Welcome

Wherever you are get in touch with your local TR Register group and get someone to look at the car(s) with you so you don't miss something critical when buying

Lots of help on here from a great group of people

You'll love the car when you get it

Graze

Hi Paul.

Welcome to the forum. As you have spotted rust is the number one expense in cash, time and effort. I suggest joining TRR and going along to local meetings. There will be members who have been down the bare chassis rebuild route and that expertise will be a big help.

And get along to the International Weekend in Malvern for inspiration.

cheers

Peter

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your search.

Most will agree that bodywork is paramount when considering a purchase, but you'll find a car that suits you and buy it!

I've learned so much here on the forum, and that's enabled me to do jobs and enjoy the car even more.

Look forward to seeing what you buy!

Steve

Paul,your not Living to far from Malvern,get yourself along there before you buy anything.

Welome to the fun Paul. :D

When i was looking, I too saw a few horror stories for the price I had to pay.TAKE YOUR TIME, There are still some good and well priced motors out there

You are welcome to pop over for a brew and have a chat. Im only a couple of miles from you if you fancy a chat ;)

This forum is full of fantastic advice, use the search option, but remember there is no such thing as a stupid Question, I know I've asked loads!!!!!!!! :blink::P:D

Edited by Clarkey

Hi Paulsb,

Welcome to the Forum, joining a Triumph Forum and/or a club is certainly one of the best move prior to buy a car and I wish you a lot of inputs to select a nice TR6.

On top of the body, chassis/frame, mechanical, electrical..... conditions you should also at 1st select the model (PI CP, CR or crab. CC CF) and learn concerning the original configuration for each models and options (OD, Hard Top, Wheels type...) in order to define the configuration/package your are looking for and also to be in position to evaluate the transformation, deviation, variation..... who may impact the value of the car.

This Forum TRR UK will provide you lot of information, advises and you will learn a lot in order to maintain and enjoy your new toy.

Regards

" looking for a project to occupy me for a year or so "

You may very well think so, if you value your time and like driving the car more than lying under it (some of us like both or even a lot of restoration), you would be well advised to take note of the comments made above by other posters. Careful inspection and especially if you have a knowledgeable TR owner on your shoulder to help, will ensure you select a car suitable both for your pocket and to help you avoid the "for a year or so" stretching into a decade and eroding your enthusiasm.

Mick Richards

thanks for the welcome everyone,clarkey would'nt mind having a look at your car at your convenience if you dont mind,where do you live.

Hi Paul

Im in Harborne

Drop me a pm , Im working up till Sunday, then I'm off for a few days ;)