Strange noises in the Boot

Out in the TR6 last weekend, we both heard this 'tromboning' sounding noise from the boot, it seemed to disappear when I pressed the accelerator. I have a bosch conversion fuel pump and I have read somewhere about resonance and pressure reducing valves

My question is, has anyone else experienced this and what is the solution?

Cheers Gordon

If you have the Bosch conversion you probably have an inline filter between the tank and pump. I would open it up, have a clean out of any muck and replace the paper element, they are only a couple of quid and hopefully an easy fix.

It could be the pump is struggling to get enough flow to it and that is causing the "strange" noises

kc

Hello Gordan

I guess one man's warbling is another's tromboning :ph34r: . Check out my thread today at 1453. Perhaps we have the same noise and therefore need the same remedy!

Cheers

Dave

stopped me,by the way where is she,,,,,,,let me out .

Dam....!!!!!

I was going to say that.

Gordon,

I had a similar problem in VUX a few years back - the noise was resonance in the fuel line and the solution was the replace the long (too long) braided hose with a PTFE lined one (from Revs) and fit a Diagphram PRV . This cured the problem - if you use the search tool and search the TR6 Forum for ' Vu-Vu-Zella' you will find my thread(s).

Cheers

Andrew

Been through Calais recently?

Could be an illegal immigrant.

Ian Cornish

I was going to put something like that down as the title,

but the management [the wife] stopped me,

by the way where is she,,,,,,,let me out .

You haven't forgotten to feed your "trunk monkey" have you ??

No Monkeys, the tiger in the tank would have had it

Quite a few suggestions, dirty filter, air in the pipework, PRV, length of fuel hoses, braided fuel lines, vibrating pipes etc. Also power cable not heavy enough duty for the bosch pump; decided to check PRV first and fuel filter as the PRV is the original part suitable for

the lucas system and the bosch has a higher flow rate. It will be a week or two before I can do this

Cheers Gordon

Edited by Gordon Bayley

The Trombone player has now gone ,we now have a very nice harmonica note coming from the boot,

I got a new fuel filter and pressure relief valve from Prestige at Wrexham also a long chat ,

very helpful, the car is now sounding and running better,

next job will be to fit heavier cable relay and fuse to the bosch pump..

Been through Calais recently?

Could be an illegal immigrant.

Ian Cornish

Yep

race car on trailer behind, person in the car next to me said that i had a trainer hanging from under the vehicle and may be losing some luggage.

You can guess the rest as there was still a leg in it needless to say he slid out very easy due to the good old TR oil leaks.