New Hood Needed

I bought a new hood a few months back, had a quote to have it fitted but me being me...i like to save money so did it myself, I'm 26 and fairly handy with anything that comes my way. The hood was a doddle to fit, purchased new poppers and an odd tool to stamp them into the new hood from ebay. The best advise I can give is do it on a warm day so it stretches into place and leave it up for a couple of days, take your time with it but yeah its an easy job! If you want I can give you my old hood to practice with?

I bought a new hood a few months back, had a quote to have it fitted but me being me...i like to save money so did it myself, I'm 26 and fairly handy with anything that comes my way. The hood was a doddle to fit, purchased new poppers and an odd tool to stamp them into the new hood from ebay. The best advise I can give is do it on a warm day so it stretches into place and leave it up for a couple of days, take your time with it but yeah its an easy job! If you want I can give you my old hood to practice with?

Very kind offer, I still have a roof, it was fitted new 7 years ago by the previous owner, but the bit of the roof that velcros onto the frame above each window,is 40mm shy!!

Where did you buy yours from?

I would have a go, but I don't have a garage.

Also I could not afford to mess it up!

It's a days labour, so did mine myself. Picked a sunny day, got a mate and job done. Took most of the day to do. Instructions readily available on Google and Roger Williams, how to restore a Tr.

When you have it back home,pick a nice day,gimme a ring and come over to mine.

I will have a look at the current roof and see if anything can be done.

Compare it to the NOS one I fitted recently to my TR6.

Edited by PILKIE

Its a hood from moss, fits great...well your welcome to have my old hood to use as a trial or error. I had mine stripped, cleaned up the frame and oiled it and new hood fitted in 5 hours. It is honestly an easy job to do, I'm guessing you all have to be slightly handy to own a triumph right?