Has the £50k TR5 arrived?

Looks like Daryl emptied his wallet and he`s trying to get it back :o

Stuart.

This car was up for sale at that price a month or so ago.

So is a somewhat uprated car worth more than a freshly built Original Spec car ?

Cheers,

Conrad.

This car was up for sale at that price a month or so ago.

So is a somewhat uprated car worth more than a freshly built Original Spec car ?

Cheers,

Conrad.

Not usually.

Stuart.

with a guaranteed insurance value of £55k, you could buy it, lose it, and buy a nice 3 and 4 :ph34r:

I've been keeping a close watch on TR5's and TR250's for sale and a lot are listed on the Car & Classic site at anything from £15K-£30K for TR250's and £20K-£50K for TR5's.

A lot of them are at Dealers and some have been listed for several months without selling, it would seem that anyone on the lookout for a 5 or 250 Isn't prepared to pay that much?

However the few Privately advertised ones that I have chased up recently have all been sold, the last one I chased was a Valencia Blue 5 located in Yorkshire (Still on the website although sold!), fully restored 7 years ago and I was told it sold within a few days for the asking price of £35K.

Edited by Gary Flinn

I've just sold 2 dark blue ones Gary both around £40k...

I dont always advertise them as I have people waiting for decent cars....

I know where there is a very nice fully restored white TR250 - badged as a TR5 and on PI....for £35k

An equivalent TR5 would probably be £10k more....

With less than 1200 examples in RHD originally it's high time IMO. What else is available [ of the era ] in a roadster won't have the fun quotient nor any edge on the Italian styling. It gets to wag that marvelous Lucas P.I. at its lessers, too :P .

There have been at least a couple of examples of Michelotti TRs fetching ~ $100K in the US in the last few years. It's not out of the question that a TR may be worth its restoration cost someday soon... ^_^ . Time may yet vindicate the restorer of mine, who in the spirit of giving me solace once the ponderous costs had been tallied said " Time will heal you " <_< .

I've just sold 2 dark blue ones Gary both around £40k...

I dont always advertise them as I have people waiting for decent cars....

I know where there is a very nice fully restored white TR250 - badged as a TR5 and on PI....for £35k

An equivalent TR5 would probably be £10k more....

Wouldn't be my old 250 would it Mark, living in the Southampton area?? Just interested, it was badged a 250 when I sold the old girl.

DSC05107.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I switch off an ad as soon as I see something in "concourse" condition.