Metering unit fuel problem

Hllo my name is Colin i joined this site earlier this year i have a Triumph TR6 PI year 1974 i am having problems with the fuel supply to no 1 cylinder there is no fuel coming from the metering unit to no 1 i have checked the fuel line from the metering unit to the injector which is clear and i have swapped no 1 injector with number 2 injector so i know it is not the injector i have also checked the metering unit pressure valve which is all okay as i purchased another one just to make sure and the metering unit timming which is all correct can anybody tell me what the problem could be the metering unit was replaced just before i purchased the car about 2 years ago i was wondering if it could be the fuel pressure relief valve i would really appreciate some help thank you Colin.

I would think your best bet would be to give Neil Ferguson a call 07977001571.

I would think that the plunger has stuck in the metering head, if its been stored for a few years.

Would be useful to get the system pressure checked, it may also free itself with a bit of use, but talk to Neil.

John

colin, given you have checked the injector and the car runs then the shuttle and metering unit is supplying fuel to the other cylinders there is the "non return valve" between the MU and the injector which could have become blocked or jammed. I think you can get them from KMI. Take care removing it and replacing as you can damage the body of the MU. Need to use a new O-ring too. Neil above has helped me a lot and may have a simpler idea.

R

• 4 weeks later...

I sent the metering unit and all 6 injectors with the fuel lines (from the metering unit to the injectous) off to Neil Furguson who took the metering unit apart and found a fault in it which was restricting the fuel to number 1 cylinder he also recalibrated all the injectors it is now all fitted and running great i would highly recomend his work as he done the work quick and at a reasonable rate thank you John for giving me his contact details thank you all again Colin.