Bosch fuel pump where from

Hi All.

I need a new Bosch kit, just called Prestige and there will be a Three week wait as he is away.

I'm going to Ireland in Two weeks so can't wait, any other ideas ?

I know the usual suspects do them but was told that all there kits are filter then pump and it's better to go pump filter.

Cheers Mark

Right, just called Revington they have it all in stock but say the diaphragm PRV has to be set on the car....

Anybody done this is it much of a job ?

Mark

Set on the car? I fitted one on VUX (from Pestige and Rev's is the same) and it worked straight out the box, so I would say you're being fed a line Mark.....It should already be set at 106 psi.

As for filter - pump Vs pump - filter, if you think about it would you really want the potential of **** from the tank in your pump?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew.

Yes the one from Prestige is out the box, the chap on the phone was trying to hire me a fuel gauge for £15 with a £120 deposit or I could pay there labour rate and let them do it.

As for the filter that's exactly what I would have done Filter then pump..... A few people have said its because the Bosch pump is pants at sucking. So should I call them again ?

Thanks for the reply Mark

I have a Prestige prv, and its preset, the revington one comes with an additional bracket, but does require to be tested with fuel pump, you are not being fed a line as Andrew states. As we all know Revington is a well respected supplier, I dislike comments like this.

I have fitted the revington one on a mates. I think its wise to test the set up, if fitting new pump and prv no matter who its from, for piece of mind.

Its easy to adjust, do not need to remove any pipework etc I seem to recall it came with instructions.

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

Hi Guy.

I've just popped into Revingtons and they were very helpful, the reason there PRV is not set up is they don't have the testing jig ( one of the guys working there told me, don't think he was meant to ) I've got the pump and filter comes with isolation valve and is recommended to be fitted in the wheel arch.

Cheers Mark

Hi Guy.

I've just popped into Revingtons and they were very helpful, the reason there PRV is not set up is they don't have the testing jig ( one of the guys working there told me, don't think he was meant to ) I've got the pump and filter comes with isolation valve and is recommended to be fitted in the wheel arch.

Cheers Mark

Excellent Mark,

That makes sense, I would expect prestige to have a rig to set up. Rtr would adjust on car.

We borrowed their gauge at that time.

I have now got my own, which is useful for all my local owners now.

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy.

Yes I'm more than impressed by the quality of the whole thing pump fittings hoses and isolation valve.

I've only dealt with them once before and we really didn't get on very well so this has improved my opinion greatly.

Fingers crossed all will be well as we're off to Ireland in a couple of weeks and the copilots not very happy.

Cheers Mark

I got the same fuel regulator on my EFI system, a very simple and sturdy spring working against incoming fuel pressure. Google for " Malpassi " and you find all you want to know.

If you keep your tank in good shape you don't need a prefilter, the Bosch pump can cope with small particles, just a big microfilter after the pump. My system works now since 1998 without prefilter.

If your tank has ever been coated it will be another issue.

I have a Prestige prv, and its preset, the revington one comes with an additional bracket, but does require to be tested with fuel pump, you are not being fed a line as Andrew states. As we all know Revington is a well respected supplier, I dislike comments like this.

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh with that comment Guy, I too have a lot of time for RTR. But this is a bolt on part that should work out of the box, so why doesn't RTR set a batch up without charging the customer for the privilege?

Cheers

Andrew

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh with that comment Guy, I too have a lot of time for RTR. But this is a bolt on part that should work out of the box, so why doesn't RTR set a batch up without charging the customer for the privilege?

Cheers

Andrew

Maybe Andew!!

Perhaps you should give Neil a ring and ask.

As I previously said in my opinion the pressure should be checked at the Metering unit, even if the Prv has been "preset".

Guy

Picked up the PRV and gauge today, will start to fit on Friday.

It does appear to be easy to set up and the Mechanic was very helpful in his instructions. I'll find out Friday.....

Mark

..........Perhaps you should give Neil a ring and ask.

Guy

I'm always happy to speak with Neil F (Edit: wrong Neil :D, that's cos I've been speaking with Neil F recently!) and learn - will call him tomorrow.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith