Oil leak Metering unit pedestal

I have an oil leak from the rear of the metering unit drive shaft as in the photo. I've had a look in the parts catalogue and the workshop manual but can't see what seal has failed to create the leak, the metering unit pedestal seems to be omitted from all the manuals I have any body know what seals I need to replace.

post-7429-0-62111600-1433271255_thumb.jpg

Roger ~Hi no I don't think it is, the oil appears to be coming out of the bearing that the horizontal driveshaft runs in and its above the pedestal/block seal, going to need to get it fixed quickly as I keep leaving oiling marks on the drive way and senior management are not best impressed!

Hi Graham,

It looks to me like the lip seal has gone. As far as I'm aware some special tooling is required to install replacements, or you could send the pedestal to Prestige Injection or MOSS to have the work done for you.

Regards,

Richard.

Ah yes can get the link to work now ….yes might well be 106 now just how to get to it ? is this the Lip seal Richard is referring to that needs special tools to change

?

I believe that there is also an o ring to help seal the cap you see on the end where the oil is leaking .

I replaced mine last year including the two lip seals on the other side that keep the oil from the fuel. All quite easy with out the tool if you are careful.

Cheers

Tim

Sorry repeat post.

Edited by Tim D.