TR6 Exhaust fumes / airflows over bodywork.

That ebay item is mine above, I commented a few times on this thread and finally went for it, honestly it made the world of difference instantly...no more moaning wife!! In fact she suggested we took the tr out for a blast the other day....very unlike her! It does look different I know but at the custom exhaust place I used (HAVAIR in Hastings) it took three attempts to finally get it right! If anyone wants the exhaust be it manifold or back boxes Im happy to do a tr discount! ;) I've since gone for a raceterations manifold and large single bore...and have fumes again!

That ebay item is mine above, I commented a few times on this thread and finally went for it, honestly it made the world of difference instantly...no more moaning wife!! In fact she suggested we took the tr out for a blast the other day....very unlike her! It does look different I know but at the custom exhaust place I used (HAVAIR in Hastings) it took three attempts to finally get it right! If anyone wants the exhaust be it manifold or back boxes Im happy to do a tr discount! ;) I've since gone for a raceterations manifold and large single bore...and have fumes again!

At least you know what to do <_< .

Regards

On my side, since few years I have in stock an exhaust system sport Twin silencer system (Réf Moss FSTR56S) and after reading the posts on this topics, finally I shall stay with the cross box one!

Regards

Edited by Marc R
  • 1 year later...

Peter,

I have found this which equates well to a TR6

http://blog.capinc.com/2011/06/practical-flow-simulation-at-highway-speeds/

Which concludes with

PF-15-1024x481.jpg

I believe this expresses what we all know is happening.

I do feel there are differences as this shows the lowest pressure behind the rear bumper, but I'm sure the TR6 has the lowest pressure in the cockpit causing the exhaust fumes to flow forwards into the cockpit.

I have been trying to find any useable information on the Mercedes Aircap which fits to the windscreen. The TR6 with the roof down of course has those inviting fitting holes on the top of the screen! I think I could also appreciate a little extra sun shade up there.

Alan

Resurecting this thread as I think I've found 'simple' cfd software for 2D simulations of flow:

http://flowsquare.com/

Peter

I had exactly the same problem on my 6

The mesh wind deflector i had fitted behind the seats would be covered in black soot

So i binned the sports exhaust and went back to standard...still a problem so extended the tail pipes...slight improvement so i sold the 6 and bought a 3

Sorted!!

And yes thats why the rear panel is painted black!

Hi Folks,

has anybody tried gaffa taping lumps (boxes, blocks of wood, spoilers etc) on the boot lid to change the airflow pattern.

Obviously the square cut back end is the cause of the problem.

The windscreen puts a low pressure area where the driver pax are and stuff is sucked into it.

Roger

PS - does a bootrack with luggage produce the same problem

Edited by RogerH