cloudy rear screen on soft top

Hi all, probably a silly question, but is there anything I can use to clean the rear and side widows on the hood of my tr4? They are cloudy, I've tried all the usual safe cleaners, but don't want to use anything to make it worse.

Any suggextions welcomed

Mark

Yep or T cut a little more abrasive.

Mick Richards

Okay thanks, sounds like I should treat the rear screen like the plastic head lights (of my sons car) and polish the plastic, will try on a small area of the side widows and see.

Cheers Mark

I have just done mine with Greygate plastic polish and it's so much safer being able to use the rear view mirror with the hood up now.

I bought this from Brown & Gammons in Baldock as they use it themselves and recommended it as better and cheaper than Renovo which I was looking to buy. Works so well I am getting another bottle to restore my spare hoods before I try to sell them.

HI, just ordered a bottle of the greygate polish off ebay, so we'll see how it works next week once it arrives and I have a chance to have a play.

T-cut and toothpaste sound a bit abrasive, although the minty fresh aroma might be pleasant, but I'm not sure my wife would be too pleased at the use I put her tooth brush to!

Thanks

Mark

These screens can also go cloudy if they are left in a damp condition. no amount of polishing will help in that case - just let it dry out.

Bob.

Hi all, just a quick update.

Received a bottle of the Graygate plastic polish £8.85 inc delivery from ebay.

just tried an area on the rear quarter screen. And I have to say this is fantastic stuff, area came out totally clear, not quite as new as there are some very fine scratches that are a little deeper than the polish has gone.

But I'm now totally cofident that I can reclaim the hood rather than having to live with an almost totally cloudy screen or replace it.

l guess I'm going to have to spend a couple of hours with the hood on my garden table covered by a blanket to polish both inside and out. Inside seems to be the main issue on mine.

pleased to see that it does not stain the black hood white when you get some on the edges.

If you're in two minds giveit a go, mine looks like almost new. Follow the instructions, bottle should be good for severl hoods or repeated applications over time.

I hope you can see from the attached picture the difference between the top corner of the side window compared to the rear window. In one you see the car clearly out the back, is there a car there at all in the other?

Markpost-12879-0-52827500-1433181759_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRG1965

I have also heard cheap fly spray works.......

Never tried it personally, just was told by a guy in the trade

Tom

Toothpaste is actuallly pretty kind, used to get used on Vampire canopies over here.

If you know a jeweller or dent tech you could get some whiting (used to polish acrylic dentures) or rouge which is used to polish jewellery.

Plus the soft cloth. (Suspect when you mentioned the brush you had it in your cheek beside the tongue.)

Edited by littlejim