BEST 195/65-15 TYRE

I've got 37,000 miles on my Michelin Pilot Exaltos in this size, which is pretty close to a dead-ringer for the original size's diameter. If I didn't have 6" wide wheels I'd look at putting on the Michelin XASs. Within a year or so it'll be time to replace them.

So which is the best? I won't be needing traction in the snow...

TIA,

Tom

Tom

Best?

I guess it depends what is important to you, wet weather performance? Mileage? Sticky compound for track use? Lifespan

Seems what you have on is a good all round tyre if you can get 40,000 miles out of them

I think probably the biggest issue for tyres on our cars is lifespan because most people do so few miles ( you are an exception I suspect) that the tyres last years longer than the manufacturer expected them to. I replaced the ones on my 6 when I bought it because they were about 12 years old and very hard

I'm running pirellis on the 6 and Yokohama semi slicks on the 4 ( gets some track time). The pirellis will still have tread on them when they pass there use by date even though I do about 10,000km a year. The yokohamas are much softer and I expect about 15-20,000 km only

Hope you find what you need

Graze

Pirelli cinturato 185/70/15

Awesome tyre!!

Talk to longstone tyres at Doncaster and you won't go wrong

:)

Very happy with my Yokohama C drive.

Stuart.

Had those on last tr6, happy with them.

This time have Vredestein Sporttrac 5s, happy with them too.

Basically I'm happy with decent tyres at under £100 each :-)

Had those on last tr6, happy with them.

This time have Vredestein Sporttrac 5s, happy with them too.

Basically I'm happy with decent tyres at under £100 each :-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-195-65-15-91V-1956515-Yokohama-C-Drive-2-Performance-Road-Tyres-/301356391584?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Tyre+Width%3A195|Aspect+Ratio%3A65|Diameter%3A15&hash=item462a3d9ca0

Stuart.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Yokos look like a bargain. I'm leaning toward the Pirellis as at least they could be confused with tyres contemporary with the car. It's not out of the question I'll go back with Michelin Pilots, as they've not disappointed grip-wise and they're quiet ( well, my 185-15 XASs have a crisper bite but are NLA and besides, now the driver has 3.45:1 in the back ). One tempting option would be to revert to 3.7:1 and fit 185-15 Michelin XVS which are still available, albeit pricey.

I need tyres for my 4A but I can't find Yoko C drive available on this side of the pond. :(

Is S drive similar??

Cheers

Graeme

Stuart those tyres are rated v.

Is this the standard for sixes

Been looking to buy four new but confused with all the ratings.

Mark

V rated is more than adequate! From experience years ago with large Jaguar saloons I like plenty of headroom on my speed ratings.

Stuart.

I have fitted a few sets of these now and my local tyre place that fits them for me has started buying from them as they couldnt match that price by a long chalk and thats trade!

Stuart.

Guy

Think you will find they are old stock.The A drive is about the same ;)

Nope fresh in date.C Drive2

Stuart