Electric fan

Nothing wrong with letting the fan run after you switch off. You will get the opposite opinion too. If you want it ignition controlled you will have to use a relay to switch the permanent live.

Thanks Pete,

I'll be using the Revotec kit and that comes with a relay, I don't suppose anyone can offer a drawing for using the a permanent live feed with out running on with ignition off using a relay as Pete says.

Richard.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just installed an electric fan using this schematic. http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/tr6fan.html

It uses the existing fuse block for both the sensor triggered fan signal and for the over-ride signal. In automatic mode it runs off the ignition, in over-ride mode it works off the battery with the ignition off. I'm sure you can just add a couple of wires to the fuse block's spare spade connections for the green and purple wires. I had a wire already connected to the last spade for an accessory so I bought a spade adapter that provided two spades off the one single spade on the fuse block. The double pole double throw switch is nice because it can be left in one position for automatic and the other way for over-ride. I wouldn't buy a dpdt switch with the 3 position toggle where the middle position is off. The one I bought is a two position toggle. You never want to turn the system off where it's not operating in either automatic or over-ride mode. I was going to do a write-up since I used a hose pipe with a bung and sensor in the top hose to monitor coolant temp. Seems to be working great.

Art

Edited by Renoman