TR6 Wanted by Private Buyer - Genuine Enthusiast

TR6 wanted by private buyer - genuine enthusiast having sold my previous concourse TR7 DHC and now looking for nice straight 6.

CP or CR model & be to factory specification (or very close to) restored or original- ish within the usual scope of a 40 - 45 year old car.

Not looking for a US Import.

Would prefer one with original style seats & trim ( not MX 5 replacements unless originals, even if requiring refurbishment are available)

as being 6ft 3” I appear to fit in better the old style ones) with original steel wheels & soft top hood cover / tonneau cover if post 72 .

Prefer not a walnut dash / door cappings fitted.

Unleaded head / Fuel metering unit / Bosch upgraded pump would be an advantage.

Willing to travel the UK to view any prospective suitable car with funds available to purchase.

This can be week days / evenings / weekends to suit the seller.

Above is quite specific but know the Members of the TR Register will know of / have a suitable car.

None of your details will be passed on to 3rd parties & I am a private buyer, not one of the many Trade advertising in the ‘Wants Columns’.

For the spec & condition I would be looking at a car £15k & up.

If you are thinking of selling, please email me the details ( a few photos would of course be good ).

I am returning back to the UK next week & can call you back, if the car is suitable, from my home landline near York, so you know I am genuine or I can send on my home number for you to call me.

All e-mails will be replied back to.

Neilwoodburn@aol.com

Thanks,

Neil

Edited by Neil W

Hi Neil you have PM. Andy

Have a look at the Teeside TR6 on piston heads

Thanks for the link - saw that advertised on C&S Website which is Piston Heads in disguise - not quite what I am looking for.

Neil

Firstly thank you all the chaps who have sent me details of TR6's which might fit my quest - hopefully I have replied to everyone.

Still on the lookout for that elusive find :rolleyes:

TR colours can grow on you, with the occasional exception...but you'll know these easily ^_^

I really disliked the Valencia Blue on the late Michelotti cars but it has moved up for me from dead last to 2nd-to-last after more than 10 years of owning one. Obviously, like Andrew advised, I bought it for its condition. And I venture to say that most TRs were purchased with relatively little regard for the colour, which I further venture to say we all know wasn't TRIUMPH's strong suit :unsure: .

Tom