Chromium plating number plate light?

I believe it's made of Zinc, and any kind of plating on Zinc eventually bubbles through! Suggest you ask a Metal Polishing Company.

I believe it's made of Zinc, and any kind of plating on Zinc eventually bubbles through! Suggest you ask a Metal Polishing Company.

Mazak i thought!

Cheers

Mike

518030 (item 98) is quoted as under 50 pounds for a new one - why rechrome?

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/electrical-system/lighting/rear-tail-lamps-interior-lights.html

Cheers

Peter W

I have a Jowett Javelin, which suffers the same problem on all the door handles,which I've been told is impossible to re plate.

Denis has reminded me what a Jowett Club member called the metal, which as Denis said is indeed Mazak!

No! I said 'Zinc'....whatever Zink or Mazak...are inferior 'Pot Metals' and they oxidise and bubble through the plating, the bubbles burst and leave holes, this requires metal filling before re-plating, and the whole oxidising process will repeat!

It's all part of natures way of turning your 'pride n joy' back into earthly deposits! :wacko:

As an alternative, you could try chrome wrap. Might be worth a go.

http://alsacorp.com/strechchrome/

Jerry

Mmmmm nice... the drug dealer look. There is a Merc sports locally in the chrome blue. Striking to see.

Peter W