I have to buy a new set of tyres for my car and I am now contemplating a new set of wheels as well

options are

stay on the steels

IMG_1638-M.jpg

or Minilite copies

tr%20minis-M.jpg

Or Revolutions

tr6%20revs-M.jpg

The car is French Blue

any views on which to choose?

Do not want wires as they involve too much cleaning (got that t shirt!!)

What about a tyre choice?

kc

I like original wheels with black centre caps,

But saying that have just purchased a set of compomotive minilites for mine.

As for tyres not decided yet.

So looking at your pics it's a no brainer

Minilites

Mark.

Edited by Mark69

I think the original designers of the car had it right. Had Wolfraces on mine, but the change back to the pepperpots looks so much better, in my opinion.

Great pics, by the way!

John

Can I be really helpful?

Based on your pictures, Minilites or originals

I have Minilites on mine, fitted by the PO, but, I agree with John, Triumph got it right, if you don't want wires (I would love wires!) originals look the business

My two options:

• #1 - For an original look, keep the steel wheels but with the black hub center cap of the TR6 CP type (instead of grey of the CR & CF type) and w/o wheels trim set of the TR6 US.
  • #2 - For a more aggressive/sporty look, try minilites copies with anthracite spokes (Not in black).

Try at first option # 1, it is a 30’ job and it cost you just a can of black satin aerosol paint!

Regards

I agree that wires are a nightmare to clean, so I use my wires in the summer only. That way they don't get very dirty. For the winter I have have a set of centrelock minilites which are much easier to clean.

Tony

KC

I fitted silver minilites to my French Blue 6 because I had a spare from my 4 so only needed to buy 3

If I was buying 4 I would have gone with anthracite spokes and silver polished rims

The minilites give the car a more contemporary look in my view

Graze

Blimey loads of replies, thanks

Alan Atkinson, is that a LS2 you have got shoehorned in there, WOW, has it got the full corvette drivetrain as well?

I think I may be leaning towards the mini's now, I think I will stick with bolt on and 6 x 15 unless anyone has better ideas, - will they rub?

Will try to photoshop some anthracite's on the photo to see what they are like, who sells them in the UK

kc

ifyou get genuine minilites they won't rub

This seems a bargain -- I think

5.5 x 15" JBW Minilight Gun Metal - 4x114.3 Wheels with 165/50x15 Bridgestone Potenza RE040 Tyres (Set of 4) £607 + delivery

Just realised tyres for TR should not be 50 profile derr

kc

Edited by kcsun

Not a bargain at all ;) if going 6 J you need to get the offset right,not the usual suppliers :D No spacers required.

I'll take the ones on the 5,the Anthracite and Silver Polished Rim look the Dogs.

Personally I don't like the centre portion of the Minilites and copies, it's too flat for my taste. Panasports look better and centre lock Minilites do too as the spline boss fills the flat area (I would say that though).

Chrome Wire Wheels every time on dark coloured car! Traditional and very classy!